Sword of Gryffindor

"You've outdone yourself this time, Hermione," Athena whispered as she took in the now lightly powdered snowy surroundings.

They had gone straight to bed after setting up the tent and enchantments, too tired and cold to do research.

"The forest of Dean. I came here once with Mum and Dad, years ago. It's just how I remembered it. The trees, the river, everything. Like nothings changed. Not true, of course, everything's changed. If I brought my parents back now, they probably wouldn't recognize it either. Not the trees, not the river.." Hermione explained.

"Not even you?" Athena finished for her. Her thoughts had been proven right by Hermione's shocked face.

"I've been thinking and believing maybe you did it. Obliviate them. I'm sorry you had to do that, if I could've helped in any way to get them safe, I would've." Athena sat down next to Hermione and hugged her close.

Hermione refused to cry, but she let a couple tears slip any way. Harry joined them and sat down on the log across from them.

Hermione sighed, "Now that we are all here, Harry, you wanted to know who you saw in that picture. I know. It's Gellart Grindelwald."

Athena sat up, looking at the family tree imprinted in a book Hermione stole from 'the old lady'.

He was her uncle. His sister was Faith. His niece was Athena.

"He's the thief Athena and I saw in Gregorovitch's wand shop. Speaking of which, where is my wand? Where is my wand, Hermione?" Harry asked.

Hermione sighed, nearly melancholy, and pulled it from under her. It was broken in half, "In Godric's Hollow I shot a curse and it rebounded. I'm sorry, I tried to fix it, but wands are different."

Harry cut her off, "It's done. Leave me yours, go inside with Athena and get warm. I'll take the locket as well."

The girls obliged, going inside for the night. It was way to cold for Harry to stay outside all alone, but they didn't have much of a choice.

Midway through the night, Athena woke up from a horrible nightmare about Draco being tortured for information about her.

She went outside to find Harry stripping at the nearby ponds shore. She started to walk slowly over, watching him from afar.

He dove into the pond, in his boxers only, inside a small hole on the surface of the ice.

Athena watched for a moment, but the water was then unresponsive. Finally, waves swooshed frantically.

The ice was now being punched at from below the surface, so Athena took off towards the ice.

She stripped on her way, leaving her in just her sports bra and panties.

She broke the ice on the surrounding areas of the frantic waves, diving in and grabbing Harry who was waving around in a panic. She re entered above the surface, dragging Harry with her onto the ice.

Before she relaxed, she dove back in to grab the Sword of Gryffindor. She saw a shadow of a man above the surface as she swam back up, gasping for air as she made contact with the cold winter air.

Ron was now standing over Harry, helping him grab his clothes.

Athena flung the sword on the ice, rushing out of the water to get her clothes. When she was fully clothed, she cast a silent heating charm on her shivering body.

"What are you doing here?" She spat at Ron, who was looking between them with wide eyes.

"Never mind that, we need to destroy the locket," Harry said.