Epilogue

guys i'm so fucking sad and happy and JUST ALL THE EMOTIONS RN. WE ARE DONE! I am making a bonus book with extra chapters because i know you guys want some. don't worry, you guys will be APPALLED.

Athena's eyes opened as she groaned. The white landscape took on her senses.

She jolted awake, mumbling incoherently. Someone mumbled behind her, "Hi sweetheart."

Athena turned, frightened and intrigued, only to be met with a beautiful woman. She had the same striking green eyes as Athena, the same unruly black curls, and similar bone structure in her face.

Athena's mind clicked instantly, "Mum?"

Faith Grindelwald smiled, "Yes, dear, it's me," Athena went to ask the millions of questions racking through her brain.

Her mom stopped her short, "You're in the veil. It's a state between life and death."

"But— but I died, I killed Voldemort and then had to die myself," Athena tried to find answers.

Faith sighed, walking over to Athena - who was still laying somewhat lopsided. All at once, Athena's mind started to race, "Where's Draco?"

Her mother sighed once again, taking Athena's hand lovingly and started, "When your father sent that spell at Draco, your magic surged into his body. It was a transferred energy, allowing his body to take on the amount of power willing to kill him. He's alive, but that is the only reason you are here."

Athena's furrowed brows prompted Faith to continue, "Because your magic was transferred to him, that also means you lost some of your energy. That's why you are here. Your strong enough to hold yourself alive, but you need a little push to get your heart beating again."

Athena widened her eyes fast, "How long have I been here?"

"Two weeks, but listen here, the only reason I'm standing here is because I know you need someone to tell you this. When you go back to the living, you make the best out of life. Stop putting people before you, because when you do that, you now put people before your child," Faith said.

Athena nodded, her head scrambling, "How do I get back?"

Faith stood, hugged Athena with a motherly grip, and started to walk away, "Think of what makes you feel alive."

Athena's mind traveled to the bracelet, still prominent on her paler wrist.

She tapped it, felt a tingle back, and her mind raced for Draco.

Draco sat beside Athena's body, which was being monitored by medi-witches. Her body was alive, and she had been in a magically induced coma for two weeks.

Many people went to visit her, and the hospital wing at Hogwarts became a center of gifts and cards for Athena.

After many people studied Draco and Athena's health, they came to the conclusion that Athena's body transmitted some of her magic into Draco, the last second before Voldemort's killing curse entered his body.

The only reason Athena was alive now was because of, yet again, the baby in her stomach. The baby's powerful magic had protected her from the death of Voldemort, allowing Athena's body to sustain until she got medical help.

Draco was fascinated with his own child, of course, but he stayed by Athena's bedside every single day and hour.

So here he sat, holding Athena's warm hand inside his. His eyes trailed down her right arm, and then he found the Protean bracelet.