The Beginning of the End

GET READY HOESSSSS

"We don't have a choice," Athena whispered against Draco's bare chest, leaning into his cold touch.

The covered draped around their bodies, molding to them perfectly.

His lips hovered over her forehead, leaning in slightly, "I know, love, I know."

They had to let in the Death Eaters. Now or never.

"He wants Harry and I to see him on the Astronomy Tower, when we get back, I'll tap my bracelet," Athena lifted a bracelet with a Protean charm on it, "You will know. I don't want to leave you to let them in by yourself, but he will be weak when I get back."

Draco nodded slightly, shivering at the thought of Death Eaters roaming a school he once called home.

Because in all truth, it was his home. The Great Hall where he had some of his best memories, the Quidditch Pitch with some of his best friends, and the school where he fell in love.

And he had to destroy it, take down the strongest points.

He had to become a monster.

Athena perked up at the sound of his unsteady breathing, taking his face in her hands, "I'll be with you all along the way, my love, and when it comes down to it, I will be the one to kill him."

Draco nodded, bring in Athena for one last kiss before whispering sweet nothings against her lips and hugging her close and holding her.

She got up, grabbed her clothes, and headed out the door to the Astronomy Tower for the night ahead of her.

She wandered through the halls, gazing around at the portraits that stared down at her. The Great Hall was empty this evening, surprisingly.

The glasses were in perfect arrangements, lining up with lace covers underneath them on the tables.

She finally made it to the Astronomy Tower, where Harry and Dumbledore were already talking.

"And you as well, sometimes I forget you have grown as much as you have," Dumbledore nodded at her.

"At times I still see the small boy under the cupboard, and the small girl who gave everyone hell for underestimating her," Dumbledore said with teary eyes.

He knew it was tonight. Athena's mind raced as she tried to blink back her hazy thoughts.

"Forgive my mawkishness this evening, I am beginning to become an old man."

"Beginning?" Athena questioned with a smirk just as Harry whispered a small sentence along the lines of, "You still look the same to me sir."

"Just like your mothers. Harry, unfailingly kind, Athena — clever, fiery, and witty."

Athena smiled at that, reminiscing on her dreams of her mother.

The mood shifted in the room as Dumbledore walked towards the edge, "The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promised you two could accompany me and I stand by that promise. But there is a condition."

He stared at the two, "You must obey every command I give you, without question."

"Yes, sir," the two both said.

"You do understand what I am saying, should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourselves, you must do so."

The two went silent at the task, "Your words, Athena and Harry."

"You have my word," Athena whispered before grabbing onto Dumbledore's arm in which he held out for them.