Together

this chapters intense so just be aware yk. i love u all so much and hope u guys are liking the story so far!

The next two weeks were filled with countless hours of torturing or be tortured, and many nights Athena and Draco were put in the cellars to see how it felt if they ever became traitors.

Those nights, they would hold their pinkies together and sit in silence, staring at the walls.

Athena's body was always unusually warm, and she would do fucking anything to feel some sort of coldness.

Draco, on the other hand, always felt abnormally icy, and he would kill to feel a touch of something warm on his skin.

The two had grown close, due to their cruel training and treatment they had been experiencing together.

And that is why they often find themselves pulled together by a simple blanket on a warm night, perched on the edge of the Malfoy Manor's roof.

A week and a half ago, Athena was drinking a whole bottle of fire whiskey by herself on the roof balcony, and she had just experienced a new spell they were concocting.

It was an acid blood spell, it made the same very blood running through her veins start to boil and turn into acid.

This only made her feel more hot, and she had blacked out when they shot a Cruciatus curse at her while she was under the acid curse as well.

So there she was, sitting down on the roof, contemplating her life.

She could end it now, jump. She tilted her head down, looking at the Malfoy gardens and how steep below they seemed.

Peacocks trotted on the lawn.

She would surely die, and everything would be over. The wind swirled in her ears, and two similar consciences spoke to her while the air danced across her neck and made shapes of the wind with her untamed curls.

Do it, don't do it.

Back and forth.

She hadn't realized the glass french doors had slid open, allowing Draco to step through.

He didn't realize she was up there, and he didn't as he made his way to the other side of the balcony.

It was a large space, allowing them to both be completely oblivious to each other's presence as they both contemplated their life.

He could end it, he could end all the suffering he had been through.

Draco had made his way up to his roof because he had been in pain, — he was the one who had to cast the new spells on Athena.

A part of his heart had broken off as soon as the words of the curse left his tongue, lingering in his broken down body and taunting him every time his eyes closed to blink.

But Athena looked at him as he hesitated on the curse, and she jumped into his mind. It's torture or be tortured. Don't worry, just cast the spell.

She had never screamed that loud from a curse, and he had never cursed someone until the point of them blacking out.

So he came up here to contemplate ending it, it was a possibility that he had been thinking about for the past three weeks they have been away from Hogwarts.

The plan to kill Dumbledore was running smoothly, and Voldemort needed to focus on something else.

When he told Athena to torture an old lady in the dungeons and she refused, they assigned Draco to torture Athena instead.