The Safe House

It had been a week since the Manor. Enzo and Luna had gotten closer, Ron got nastier - even after his grand announcement of apologies in the forest -, Harry and Hermione got a tad restless, and Draco did not move from Athena's side.

She would stir occasionally, but when she did wake up, it was for merely a couple minutes at the most. She would open her eyes, wince in pain, and try to talk to Draco. It was too soon to be 100% sure, but they were pretty positive she would remember.

Luna, for some odd reason, didn't want to go into Athena's room. She said she would feel something that some may not like, and once she felt it, she wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut.

Narcissa tried to remold her relationship with Andromeda, whereas Tonks was a little hesitant to her aunt.

Either way, the air in the safe house was tense. Harry, Hermione, and Ron had all agreed to wait until Athena was in full strength to even discuss their next moves.

It was April 6 when Athena finally woke up, for good that is.

Draco was still sitting at her bed, his hand stroking her hair and watching her breathe. Andromeda and Tonks walked in to do regular health rounds; when the replenishing potion slipped down Athena's throat, she jerked awake with a gasp.

Draco nearly froze, but his hand kept stroking her hair against her head. Athena's emerald eyes were glazed and unfocused, but her breathing was speeding up.

"I- I can't—," Athena tried to talk but her words were slurred.

Tonks took it as an excusable time to intervene, "Athena, hun, you endured through an immense amount of torture. Do you remember that?"

Athena's eyebrows furrowed for a moment in confusion, and Draco's heart stopped.

But then—

"Ye—yesssss— I-iiii d—dddoo—," she slurred quietly.

Athena's eyes trailed down to her bandaged right arm, tears slightly forming at her tear ducts.

Draco couldn't stop himself, his arms wrapped around her in a hasty attempt to get her to realize she was so much more.

And Draco was happy she remembered him, so he couldn't help himself, "You remember me?"

She looked at him, tears already in her eyes as she nodded with a gentle smile.

Athena's chest slowed with even breathes. Tonks continued, "Your lower spine was injured whilst the, accident, took place. We are giving you enough potions to get your legs back to normal by next week, but we need to be sure your health is to the T."

Athena nodded dazedly, still confused as to why she couldn't speak. So when she opened her mouth, but her vocal cords vibrated in attempt to get her to halt her tries, Andromeda chimed in.

"Your vocal cords were scratched. But with time, most likely in the next two days, they will be healed. I know it is a shock, but you've been bedridden for two weeks. Your health is looking good, so we will give you time to be with Draco."

The two Tonks left with small smiles and little waves, after leaving medical potions for Athena to drink.

Athena looked at Draco. Really looked at him. Of course, she didn't see him for two weeks. It was strange though, it felt like she was just asleep for a night. It really felt longer, since she barely had a talk with him at the Manor. In reality, it was technically seven months since she had last seen him.

His usual 'messily combed' blonde hair was now a tangled mess. His under eyes were nearly black with tiredness and his shoulders drooped.

Athena's hand lifted on its own accord, tilting Draco's chin until his icy blue eyes landed on hers.