Safe

enzo pov, also thank u all for getting through that chapter. super rough but huge role in the plot. i love u all more then anything. pls reach out if in need.

<3

We were standing outside the Carrow Manor, all practically smelling the dark magic reeking from the house.

"Ok, Alecto is on her way out of the manor to greet us. She won't give us details, but we need to get into the basement quickly. Voldemort is staying with Draco, but he's away right now dealing with some Death Eater who betrayed him." Onyx said to us, looking confident.

I shook when the older woman walked out of the manor, greeting us and bringing us through the main entrance.

We stood in the corridor when we heard a male voice shrill through the walls. He was yelling, growling almost.

We asked who that was, and Alecto simply shook her head with tears in her eyes. She darted off, leaving us alone.

We stood silent for two minutes before hearing a girl scream, we all stared at each other. It was Athena.

The scream sounded horrible, like from the bottom of her lungs. It was filled with pain, and we all could tell.

We rushed towards the sounds, and she screamed again signaling us to pick up our pace.

We blew the basement doors of the hinges, racing down the staircase to the cellar.

She screamed again, with sobs intertwined within it. We turned a right in the cellar hallways, and saw something none of us would ever forget.

There Fenrir Greyback was, hovering over Athena as she laid on a stretcher like thing, practically bare with the ripped clothes on her body. She was shaking on the platform, clearly screaming and crying.

He was in his werewolf form, pouncing on Athena. Onyx screamed, Blaise and Draco blew open the cellar bars as Greyback turned towards us.

Athena laid hyperventilating and screaming, looking down at her collarbone and her eyes screaming in purple and white.

Fenrir screamed a curse at Athena, making her burst into screams again as we raced towards her, sending Greyback away with a spell. He ricochet off the wall of the cellar, laying almost limp from the impact.

Athena went still, laying there with her eyes full black. I untied her, my hands shaking uncontrollably as she was covered in scars and marks of the past weeks.

Onyx was crying in Blaise's arms as Draco raced next to me, using a spell to untie our beloved friend. Theo picked her up carefully, and we rushed out of the manor.

Alecto was crying when she saw the state of the girl she was supposed to take care of.

Taking a hard look at her, I realized she looked wary herself. She had bruises on her exposed arms, and her face looked rather pale and drained.

She thanked us as she raced away, bursting into more tears as she climbed the stairs fast.

We raced to Onyx's manor, using apparition, knowing Athena couldn't take a port key.

We brought her into the guest room closest to the entrance, Theo pulling out a kit with potions and healing spells he kept on him. She laid on the bed, bleeding through so many scratches we had no idea where to start.

I put a numbing spell on her, hopefully stopping the pain for a while as we did some spells and put vials into her.

3 person pov -

The group looked at the assortment of Theo's vials and healing potions, silently thanking Merlin for him.

Theo grabbed the ones he though would help most, a scar repair and one that he made himself to help with bruises and internal bleeding.

They put the spells and potions on their friend, Onyx was still crying but silently.

Theo was staring at his girlfriend, looking guilty for it all. Draco knew something no one else did, he found out when he walked in on Theo and Astoria Greengrass.

Theo explained that he just couldn't deal with Athena and her life anymore, and needed a side person. Draco was ashamed to be friends with someone like him, clearly having distaste for him and giving him the cold shoulder the rest of the year last year and this summer. He found out in March, but kept quiet due to the madness of the tournament.

Athena would kill herself — or Theo — if she found out Theo cheated on her multiple times while she was being tortured all summer, so Draco was in a pickle himself.

How do you tell your best friend, who is enduring so much pain, that the only person that might relieve that pain is cheating on you because your too much?

He couldn't do it, not yet.

•••

Two days later, Athena woke up with a scream. The group, who all stayed in the guest room to watch her, jumped up to help as she was as sitting upright, tears present on her cheeks. She looked at them, clearly in confusion.

Onyx rushed to her side, hugging her tightly but let go when Athena whimpered. They gathered around her bed, waiting for her to realize she's safe.

"What— where," Athena started to stutter, but soon silenced herself when Onyx spoke up for the group.

"You're out of that manor, that's all that matters. Your staying here until school, we will take care of you. Your suffering from lots of medical things, Athena, we need you to get better. Your safe here, we are with you here, no one can get you," She rubbed Athena's back as she said the words calmly.

Athena looked happy, or at least the most she could at the moment, and smiled — although it was more a fail.

She started to tear up when Onyx grabbed her and hugged her again. Athena burst into tears, hugging every one of her friends, hugging her boyfriend last.

He looked so guilty, it was so obvious. Athena didn't pay mind to it, maybe because she don't even realize. She couldn't, she was just happy she was safe.

Safe.

That's all she wanted for the past two months. And she finally had it.

Onyx continued, "We know you would love to stay here, but because of our families and their ties to yours, we can't let you be in trouble because of us. Kingsley and Nymphadora Tonks are on their way to take you to a random location, where you will stay with others. They will be here in one week."