Nightmares

If it wasn't for the crying all night and her eyes practically shut by the puffiness, Athena might have never actually fallen asleep because of the pound in her head.

Onyx and Enzo stayed in her dorm the whole night, which was strictly forbidden for boys to stay in the girls dormitories but they could care less.

After beating the shit out of Theo, the two other Slytherin princes entered her dorm with chocolates.

Athena was asleep by 1 am, which was much earlier then the group intended. The whole entire crew stayed with her in the dorm anyway, making it impossible for Athena to do anything without raising concern.

Enzo and Draco huddled at the end of her bed, stealing most of the space. Blaise and Onyx slept under the covers of her bed, making raised brows spread across the others faces.

The group felt quite content, they finally freed Athena.

•••

Onyx pov the night before.

Draco rushed into the common room, looking more worried then usual. His face contorted into an unknown emotion, leaving Enzo, Blaise, and I all confused.

Athena was out somewhere, probably helping the Golden Trio with their plans.

"I need to tell you guys something, and it's really big," Draco sat down at the couch arm, turning to us.

"Spit it out," I rushed, making sure he knew I was on a time slot because Blaise was about to beat me at Chess.

"I think Theo is hitting Athena," My hand stopped completely. My heart felt like it completely broke into five hundred pieces.

The chess board went still, as did all of the animate kings and queens and jesters.

Blaise and Enzo went silent, even drunk - the information sunk in like ice.

Draco paused, waiting for one of us to say something. When he realized we were going to stay silent, he continued.

"You guys know me and her have little fights," Blaise chuckled at Draco and stepped in.

"Yea - which gets you all hard and shit."

I quickly slapped his arm, hushing him.

"Anyway," Draco side eyed Blaise who was chuckling under his breath as Enzo was on the floor cackling, "I grabbed her arm when she was turning away from me and her sleeve rolled up. Her left arm was covered in bruises and covered her Dark Mark. Dark Magic like that never gets covered unless used with other dark magic."

The words sunk in, completely, and I stood up slowly. Pacing around, I thought of ways to approach my best friend about this. No wonder she always would stray away from her own boyfriend.

"We shouldn't have kept the information from her," Enzo stated, rather roughly too. "We knew she would find out eventually, but she probably is being abused because Theo can't comprehend his own anger, he's turning into his father."

"So, what do we do?" Blaise stood up to, making us all look around at each other.

Draco wore a guilty face, his eyebrows creased and his mouth in a frown. Enzo was chewing on his thumb nail, his eyes darting everywhere. Blaise was just standing silently, no way to make this conversation funny and light hearted.

I was simply pacing around like a maniac. How could I not see it? She literally had a black eye and bruised neck all in the same three days. If anyone should've figured it out, it should've been me.