Wanted You More *YB*

Disclaimer: I'll make sure to write oneshots where Yelena is Ace, as I feel it's important to acknowledge her comic canon identity. This one-shot isn't inherently sexual in nature so it can be interpreted as such, just no mention of the identity in the one-shot.

However, it's also important to remember that fan fiction is meant to be open for interpretation, which is why we write for 'straight' characters as if they're not. Writing for Yelena outside of the ace spectrum doesn't serve to disregard the community, but instead to just imagine Yelena in a way that fan fictions meant to be used for. ❤️

I'm basing this story on the song
Wanted You More by Lady A. 🥺
—————————————————————
Y/N's POV

It's been a year since Yelena packed up and left me behind without a word.
A long, painful year of me being left to pick up the pieces of my shattered life.
She didn't even leave me a note, just the chain with her wedding ring attached.

—————————————————————

"I kept waitin' on a reason
In a call that never came
No I never, saw it comin'
Somethin' in you must have changed
All the words unspoken, promises broken, I cried for so long, wasted too much time, Should have seen the signs
Now I know, just what went wrong"

—————————————————————

It's been hell, but I've managed to get back on my feet again. I'd even found it within me to forgive her, or so I thought.

I've been retired from Avenging for five years now, but my loyalty to the team brings me to this once a year fundraising event.
Retired or not, I'd do anything for my team.

— • 6 Years Ago • —

"Y/N/N, are you busy?" Natasha asks me while I'm reading a book on the couch.

"You know I'm never too busy for you Natty." I quip back, closing my book and bending the page to mark my spot, smirking as I do, knowing it pisses the redhead off.

"Well, good. My sisters currently in town, and I want to get her integrated with the team. I trust you the most, so I'm entrusting you to be able to watch out for her whenever I'm gone. So, I want you to spend the day with us."

"Define spend the day Natalia."

"Well, we can do a bit of training, and then if you play nice we can go out to y/f/r, my treat.

"You're damn right it'll be your treat for making me train on my one day off." I playfully growl out, standing and cringing at the popping and crackling from being dormant for so long.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you breaking a hip there now would we grandma." She retorts, swiftly moving away so I can't smack her for the response.

~~~

"Y/N/N, Yelena." "Yelena, Y/N/N."

"You didn't tell me she was this hot Natalia." Yelena remarks while shaking my hand.

"Watch it Yelena." Natasha growls, always the overprotective one when it came to me, even against her sister of all people.

"Now, now Natty, there's no harm in stating the truth." I giggle in response.

"Nice to finally meet you Yelena. You're not too bad yourself." I reply with a subtle wink, dropping her hand and sauntering away to stretch before we begin training.