"Enchanted" *KB*

——————————————————————
There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
——————————————————————

There you were, at another pointless gala, doing your "best" to not disappoint your parents, to be the "girl they raised you to be."
If it was up to you, you'd be curled up on the couch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's right now. Watching some shitty heteronormative Christmas romcom, with your cat snuggled against your side, while you make fun of all the cliches.

Instead, you're here saving face on your parents behalf, forced to talk to these old men, while they simply ogle at your figure the whole time. Strategically spacing out was something you'd grown accustomed to, having the ability to pick up on key words to mumble a "respectful" response. Savoring the unlimited, free booze, as it was all that got you through these galas.

——————————————————————
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy—vanished when I saw your face.
All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you
——————————————————————

Well there was the booze, then there was also the Bishop girl, she'd always been something interesting for you to marvel at. Her beauty was captivating—ethereal even, she had the most gorgeous brown eyes, that were encased by a layer of green that shined bright with reckless optimism. She had the most luscious looking lips, that seemed perfect for kissing. Her smile always drew you in, even the fakest ones had a similar pull on you, causing your lips to upturn instinctually to match hers. Most admirable to you though, was the budding defiance that was always clear in her demeanor, and you'd only wished you could have the strength to move around your parents the way she does her mother.

——————————————————————
Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Cross the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
—————————
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy
——————————————————————

You'd stared for a longer period of time than you normally would, proving futile as her gaze locked with yours and a rather playful smirk seemed to take over her features.
Before you could look away, she'd made it clear she knew you noticed her, as she slowly sauntered her way over. She effortlessly swooped two flutes of champagne, spinning around the countless guests on her way towards you.

"Hello there, Y/N Y/L/N, right?" She questions, as she passes a flute your way.

"Yes, that would be me." You awkwardly chuckle, as you gratefully take the refill.

"I couldn't help but to feel someone's stare, and I was more than pleased to have found it was yours." She quips, a slight mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Oh. Is that what you thought? I'd actually been staring just passed you." You teasingly say back

"Geraldine? I heard her husband recently passed, I'm sure I can hook the two of you up if that's your goal here." She deadpans, as she points her out, then chuckles once she sees your expression morph into fear.

You nod vehemently, negating her generous offer, then laugh along with her.

"So, Y/L/N, what would you say to a dance?" She questions, as she'd clearly seen your face light up when the current song began to play.

At your eager sign of approval, Kate moves quickly, grabbing your hands and pulling you to the dance floor.

"I've been in love and lost my senses
Spinning through the town"