Arc 1 (7) [Rev.]

Arc 1(7)

After ending the call, Feng Li's thoughts were preoccupied with the anticipation of the upcoming date with Yu Xin. However, before he could fully indulge in those thoughts, his practical nature took over, reminding him of his other responsibilities. He headed to the kitchen to cook his dinner, the clinking of pots and pans filling the air with a soothing rhythm. The aroma of his favorite dishes wafted through the apartment, making the mundane task feel somehow comforting.

Savoring each bite, Feng Li relished the taste of his homemade meal. The flavors mingled on his palate, bringing a sense of contentment. With his hunger satiated, he proceeded to the next task on his agenda - completing his assignment. The study room became his sanctuary, the soft glow of the desk lamp illuminating the pages of his work. Focused and diligent, he delved into the subject matter, ensuring every detail was meticulously crafted to perfection.

Late into the night, when the rest of the world was slumbering, Feng Li finally finished his assignment. Feeling a mix of accomplishment and relief, he closed his laptop and stretched his tired limbs. He made his way to the bedroom, the soft carpet under his feet offering a comforting sensation. As he lay down on the plush mattress, a sense of tranquility washed over him, and he soon succumbed to the embrace of sleep.

The next morning, the sun painted the horizon with hues of pink and gold, heralding the beginning of a new day. Feng Li greeted the morning with a renewed sense of excitement. He got ready for the day, carefully choosing his school uniform, his fingers meticulously adjusting the tie to perfection. His reflection in the mirror revealed a composed and confident young man, ready to face the world.

With a determined step, he set off on his way to Yu Xin's apartment. The city streets bustled with life, yet Feng Li remained focused on the journey ahead. Upon reaching Yu Xin's apartment building, he leaned against a wall, his heart beating with anticipation. The seconds seemed to stretch into eternity as he waited for his beloved to appear.

Finally, Yu Xin emerged from the building, and Feng Li's eyes instantly lit up at the sight of him. Time seemed to pause for a moment as their gazes locked, and then, in a heartbeat, Yu Xin was running towards him, a radiant smile lighting up his face. Feng Li's heart swelled with affection, and as Yu Xin stood before him, he couldn't resist leaning down and pecking him gently on the lips.

Taking Yu Xin's bag, he shouldered the weight without a second thought, his hand instinctively entwining with Yu Xin's. The simple act of holding hands brought them closer, their love conveyed through the touch of their fingers.

As Feng Li and Yu Xin approached the school grounds, the animated chatter and excitement of students drew them closer to a gathering on the side. Yu Xin's curiosity was piqued, and he couldn't resist exploring the source of the commotion, prompting Feng Li to accompany him.

As they approached the crowd, their eyes were immediately drawn to a heartwarming yet awkward scene. Jiang You, with a striking bouquet of red roses in hand, stood before Song Jin, his heart on his sleeve as he bravely professed his feelings.

"Xiao Jin, I like you at first sight, will you date me?" Jiang You's voice trembled with nervous anticipation.

However, Song Jin's eyes were momentarily fixated on Feng Li and Yu Xin, who were quietly observing the spectacle. It was as if Song Jin had sensed their presence, adding an intriguing twist to the already tense situation.

Unfazed by the crowd's attention, Song Jin's response came with surprising honesty and gentleness, "I'm sorry, Jiang You, I already have someone I like."

Jiang You couldn't hide his disappointment, pressing further, "Who is it? Tell me!"

Without hesitation, Song Jin pointed towards Feng Li, acknowledging his true feelings, "It's... Feng Li."