Arc 3(6)

After, Zhang Xi came back from the grassland with his friends. After bidding his friends goodbye, he went to his cave and lay down on the ground. He put his hands on his face and slapped himself. After slapping him on his face a few times, he whimpered, "Please, don't... do this to me. I...I hate it. Why...why me? I don't...I don't want this. Please leave me alone..."

Zhang Xi's hands were covering his face but tears still fell from the side. His hands were trembling.

Soon, his hands stiffened and he uncovered his face. His eyes were blank but soon a vicious glint passed through them. A crazy smile appeared on his face, and he whispered, "Zhang Xi, be a good boy. After I get what I want, I'll let you go~"

The tears were flowing non-stop from Zhang Xi's eyes. Deep inside his eyes, there was despair, desperation, and a little hope – the hope of someone pulling him out of this abyss.

"You think someone will help you.", it laughed sarcastically.

"WHY! What do you want?!", Zhang Xi shouted.

"I want nothing but...", it smiled and whispered creepily, "the heart of Feng Li."

"Feng...Feng Li, my brother's spou...", Zhang Xi whispered in shock.

"Don't dare to call Feng Li that bitch's spouse!", it shouted hysterically, "I was the one who should have gotten married to him and I was the one who should have kids with him...but why the fuck does Feng Li love him and only him!!"

"I was way better than him...but Feng Li chose him...I tried so many things to make Yu Xin suffer in the different worlds before. But Feng Li always saved him and loved him. I even made Feng Li forget his memories...but soon after that stupid system got attached to Feng Li and made sure I was unable to do anything."

"But, now it's my turn. That stupid system and his acquaintance think I don't know they are helping Feng Li.", it laughed crazily, "but now, it's my turn~"

Zhang X I heard his words and he immediately understood what this thing wanted. He trembled and even the little light of hope was extinguished. From the childhood, he never hated Yu Xin. He was a brother to him. But then he was only ten years old. This thing caught him and took most of the control over his body. Bullying, cursing, beating...and don't know what this person has not done to Yu Xin.

Trampling on Zhang Xi's soul and heart again and again, making him scared and traumatized. But no one knew his pain...everyone thought he was being a vicious person but no one knew he was being used...his body was being used by a demon or devil, whatever you say.

Sometimes, he even went to the cliff nearby to jump down but nothing...he was able to do nothing. The only thing, he did was see all the vicious and bad stuff this thing was doing. He was neither able to die nor able to live; he was half-dead. He always hoped at least someone would notice something was wrong with him, but none of them found. Because this thing's art of pretending was so good, that even his parents found no clue, and from then on, his once bright and colorful path became dark.

------

One month passed by in the blink of an eye,

At this moment, everyone was preparing for the 'Blessing festival'. As the name suggests, it was a festival celebrated to thank the beast god for their blessings.

Whether it was the blessing of a child, health, or prosperity. It was an annual festival.

And, today was the day of the Blessing Festival.

As usual, the ceremony was held in the middle of the snake clan. The head, Feng Li, and the priest were present.

All the members were standing in a circular form and were praying.

Yu Xin was sitting on the side together with some other sub-beasts. All of them wearing beautiful big red flowers on their braids. All of their faces were blushing. Today was the day when beasts and sub-beasts got married, all around different clans.

"Let's start the ceremony!", the priest announced. Soon after the announcement, All the sub-beasts who were about to get married went to stand beside their soon-to-be husband. Yu Xin made his way to Feng Li.

Feng Li smiled gently, he raised his hand to hold Yu Xin's hand. After holding, he clenched Yu Xin's hand softly. His thumb caressed the back of Yu Xin's hand. Feeling the softness of the hand, his smile broadened.

He looked in the direction, where the priest was.

"Ahem! Your Majesty, we are going to start the ceremony.", the priest cleared his throat.

"Mm, ", Feng Li nodded.

The priest started the ceremony. Firstly, both the beast and the sub-beast would give their consent. Then, the priest will bind them using a long rope.

After the binding, the couple would need to dance. When the music stopped, the last step was the kiss.

It was the marriage ceremony between the beast and the sub-beast.

"Do you, the great King of the Snake Clan, agree to take Yu Xin as your life partner?", the priest asked.

"Yes, I agree."

"And, do you, Yu Xin, agree to become the mate of the King of the snake clan and accept him as your spouse and the one whom you will serve?"

"Yes, I agree."

Hearing the answer, the Priest walked behind and put the rope around the hands of Feng Li and Yu Xin. Soon, the priest performed the same for other couples.

"Since, Both the Beast and the sub-beast have agreed, Now the two will be bound together. And, may the two stay happily and forever. Let the music begin!"

Soon, the music began.

Both the spouses moved their bodies according to the music. Their steps were matching, and their movements were graceful.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on the pair.

"Feng Li is moving his hands and legs perfectly, just like a professional dancer. While Yu Xin is also amazing. Although he is not a perfect dancer, still his performance is not bad. Looking at him, no one would think, he is a clumsy rabbit."

"That's true, and the best part is, the two are not awkward, not a single bit. They are dancing perfectly, almost like a choreographed performance. Ah, the music is stopping. Quick, let's watch their last move."

Just as the music was getting slower and slower, the spouses danced more gracefully and the final stop was the kiss.

Their lips touched each other and soon the whole place erupted.

"Woohoo!!! Congratulations to our Majesty and his mate!!"

"Congratulations to the all-new couples!!!"

"Good Luck to the new couples!!"

"May God bless the couples and their future offspring."

"Cheers!!"

The atmosphere was bustling with joy.

"My lord, congratulations on the new marriage."

"Thank you.", Feng Li thanked all the people.

"Come, let's go now. We should rest. You must be tired.", Feng Li said softly.

"Okay.", Yu Xin nodded, while blushing furiously.

With that, the two entered their cave.

___________________

Enjoy!

Next chapter's comin' up!

Bye~