Arc 3(16)

After the two had spoken and agreed, the plans had been set.

Xu suddenly spoke, "Majesty, there have been several problems, and we have dealt most with of them. Before it becomes troublesome and we become enemies. What will you do?"

"I've told you, don't rush it."

Feng Li understood everything Xu meant.

Xu nodded. Feng Ming's silence did not affect him. They both understood Feng Ming was depressed and would be happy and at ease for a long time.

At first, Feng Li's primary motive and reason to act this way was for his brother's sake. However, it was now his responsibility to not only protect his younger brother but also the peace in their clan.

Seeing them so serious, a person struck Yu Xin's head, which he should never have forgotten.

'Wasn't the culprit from Rabbit Clan?'

'But he would not go this far as killing someone...right?'

The more he thought about it, the more he realized this problem was different than what he expected. He tried to find someone else but failed and could not find any trace of anyone suspicious.

His mind was a mess.

While he was deep in thought, another issue came up, "Feng Li, can I talk to you alone?"

Feng Li glanced at Yu Xin.

"I'm sorry, but please wait for me.", said Feng Li to Xu then looked towards Yu Xin, and gestured.

The latter followed behind him and they walked out of the cave, to talk.

Yu Xin was nervous, thinking about his future and life when he was with Feng Li. He was worried, as the matter of his past and current self hadn't been resolved.

He knew that he shouldn't hide this kind of secret but he didn't know how he could explain the truth to Feng Li, who treated him with love and affection, because he might face danger.

It was hard and complicated.

Feng Li asked, "What is it, you want to speak with me? Is it something serious?"

Yu Xin took a few seconds to compose himself and responded with, "Actually, there's something I need to tell you. But you need to promise me one thing. Will you?"

Feng Li saw his expression and immediately got curious, "Go ahead and tell me. If it's something that can be done by me, I'll help you."

"I don't think you'd be able to help me with this. I've hidden something from you for a long time, and it's hard to tell you the truth."

Feng Li smiled bitterly, "So, what is it?"

He wondered if Yu Xin had met someone else before or was hiding his illness.

Yu Xin bit his lip and closed his eyes.

"I haven't been honest with you about my past. I am not the true blood son of my father."

"I wasn't born from my dad rather I was the son of his best friend. My real parents died after I was born. And then, my now dad and father found me and brought me to his home and raised me. They gave me the name of Yu Xin. He said that this was the name my real dad chose for me since I was the apple of his eye."

Feng Li was surprised. This situation was opposite to what he thought.

"That's why I never told you anything. Because you'd get angry and think I lied to you."

"And when you came to the Rabbit clan and I heard about your name, I was shocked. It was like a coincidence but also not, but I was really happy to meet you. We were both looking for each other and yet, I couldn't tell you anything. I hope you can forgive me for not telling you this earlier and making you angry. I'm so sorry.", explained Yu Xin, in a hurry.