Arc 2(8)

Arc 2(8)

Qin Ling and Madam Qin both saw the seriousness and tiredness in each other's eyes because of a matter.

And this matter was about Jing Tian...

A few months ago,

Qin Ling heard that anything prayed for at the mountaintop temple was answered, so she went there. To pray for her family and health, she went to Mount Yue. Qin Ling, her maid Hu Yi, and a few servants were travelling in the carriage. As if needing help to understand the situation, Qin Ling asked the servants whether there was any problem. The driver answered that there was a bloodied person with wounds and bruises.

Hearing this, Qin Ling became worried and went out of her carriage. It was the first time she had seen someone with wounds and bruises. She had never seen anything like this before. She slowly went towards the person. The servants wanted to stop her, but she just gestured to them that it was all right.

She went near the man, took a stick from the ground, and poked him. All the servants saw her poke the man with a bar, and they all started sweating nervously. Qin Ling was the eldest daughter of the right prime minister, and if she got injured, all of them would be punished or even beheaded.

One of the servants went near Qin Ling and the man to protect her if, by chance, the man attacked Miss.

Seeing no reaction from the man, Qin Ling asked one of the servants to check whether he was alive or dead. The servant kneeled and examined the person's breath, stating that he was still alive and was breathing faintly.

Hearing this, Qin Ling ordered a servant to bring him together with them to the temple. "Miss, your reputation will be ruined if someone sees a man in your carriage," Hu Yi said immediately.

On hearing this, Qin Ling replied, "YiYi, every life matters, and he doesn't have to go inside the carriage with us. He could be in front of the driver, and we are only 5 minutes away from the temple."

After the man was put near the driver's seat, they went on their way to the temple. Soon they reached the temple, and thankfully he was still alive. A servant went into the temple to find a monk to help the injured person.

After the man was treated and bandaged, he was kept in a room for guests.

It was already evening when Qin Ling reached the temple. She decided to spend a night there. A room was arranged for her to spend the night.

The following day, Qin Ling woke up as the sun was just rising. She freshened herself up and went out to pray. As she was walking, a servant came to her and said, "Miss, the injured man from yesterday has woken up."

"I see." Qin Ling left for prayer after replying to the servant.

But who knew this man not only found out who she was but also tried to bump into her as if it were only a coincidence? But everything changed after he confessed to her. She rejected the man after knowing he was the illegitimate son of the left prime minister, Jing Tian. She didn't reject him because of his status but rather because she didn't want her parents to be thought of as rebels.

Even though the emperor was an intellectual person and understood the situation before making any statements, still, who knows when the emperor's mind will change?

But trouble comes without any hints.

Once, when she was out with her father, she once again met him. Jing Tian came to them and tried to reach her father. Prime Minister Qin, who saw him, knew who Jing Tian was. Prime Minister Qin frowned. Although neither her father nor Jing Tian spoke much, Marquis Hui, who was loyal to the emperor, saw this meeting between her father and Jing Tian and went to the emperor to report it.

Everyone in the court had seen the ruckus created by the left prime minister because of the disaster taking place on the southernmost side of the empire. When the relief money and food were sent to the southernmost side, the left prime minister tried to make the survivors, who were between the ages of 15 and 30, a part of his new army. even though there was less evidence on this matter. But still, this showed that the left prime minister was trying to rebel.

The emperor said nothing about this matter, but he was not too scared of it. Everyone knew the crown prince, Feng Li, had joined the army, and now he had a whole army on his side.

But when Prime Minister Qin was involved in the matter, it became a huge disaster for him and his family.

And now, everyone is indirectly treating him as an alibi for a rebel group.

Prime Minister Qin and his family were now facing a major crisis.

Back to the present,

Madam Qin gestured for all the maids to leave the pavilion, leaving her and Qin Ling alone. She asked Qin Ling to sit down beside her. Madam Qin held one of Qin Ling's hands and said, "Ling Ling, even though mother hates to say this, now there are only two ways to help our family. Either to find enough pieces of evidence of the left prime minister's rebellion or to marry one person from our household to the crown prince."

Qin Ling understood what her mother was trying to say. Her father's concubines were plotting. They'll do anything to make themselves come before her father. There were a total of four daughters, including herself. Even though her father was not a lustful person, he still had three concubines who were gifted by some officials before he married her mother, and after marrying her, he didn't take in any other concubines.

Soon after marrying her mother, the two concubines were already pregnant. Soon, they gave birth to one boy and two girls, but being only the concubine's children, they were not taken seriously.

Next year, her mother gave birth to a son who was also her elder brother, Qin Jing. Then, another year later, she was born together with another concubine's child, who was one month younger than her.

To gain entry into the household, all of the concubines will make every effort to marry their daughters to the crown prince.

Madam Qin, who was holding her daughter's hand, said, "LingLing, even though your father is trying to find the shreds of evidence. You still have to make the crown prince not hate you. Don't try to please him or anything, just be respectful. There will be a banquet held in the palace after two days, which you'll attend together with your father and me."

"I understand, mother," replied Qin Ling, with her head slightly down.

__________________

Another Chapter~

In the next chapter, our little Yu Xin and his man Feng Li will be back.....

These days, both are enjoying their own vacation.

I guess the next update will be on next Saturday after my CTs are over

Till then 

BYE~

(^w^)/