Arc 3(26)

After leaving the rabbit clan, the group traveled without stopping.

Huo Yun brought 'It', whose soul was still not in a conscious state, with him. He just dragged him throughout the way to the destination.

Soon, they reached the place where the snake clan resided.

Feng Li walked forward and entered the cave.

Everyone was surprised when they saw Feng Li. They stood up immediately and bowed respectfully.

"Welcome back, Majesty!"

"Long live Majesty!"

The elders came over and greeted Feng Li.

Feng Li nodded briefly in response.

Then, he turned toward Huo Yun and motioned him to bring 'It' inside.

Huo Yun complied obediently.

Feng Li asked an elder, "Is my brother awake?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. He has been recuperating in his cave."

Feng Li nodded again. He entered the cave and headed inside.

Upon entering, he saw Hua sitting beside the bed, on which Feng Ming was lying on. Hua noticed Feng Li coming in and stood up.

He greeted him, "Majesty, welcome back."

Feng Li replied shortly, "Thank you."

Feng Ming opened his eyes and looked at Feng Li. He smiled brightly.

"Brother! You're finally back! How have you been?"

Feng Li smiled slightly, "I'm fine. And how are you doing, little brother?"

Feng Ming grinned happily, "I'm much better now. Thanks for helping me out."

Feng Li sat down next to Feng Ming and patted his head gently, "Don't worry about it. It's my responsibility."

Feng Ming nodded vigorously. Then, he looked at 'It'.

Feng Li also glanced at 'It' who was being held by Huo Yun.

'It' was still not awake, as he was still under the spell. His whole body was bound tightly.

Only by a glance, Feng Ming can understand, who this person was.

Feng Li said, "This is the one who harmed you and caused your current state. We found him near our territory. I don't know what his relationship is with me but we were able to capture him. What do you want to do with him?"

Feng Ming's expression darkened. His eyes glinted dangerously. He stared coldly at 'It' and asked, "How did you find him?"

Feng Li lied to Feng Ming about 'It' wanting to do witchcraft by sacrificing people. He didn't talk about 'It' possessing Zhang Xi and using him to hurt Yu Xin.

"A beast from the rabbit clan told us. That someone who wanted revenge on him was looking for him. So, that beast pointed us to this bastard. This is all he knew."

Feng Ming frowned deeply, "Really? But why would he come here alone? Is he stupid?"

Feng Li chuckled lightly, "Who knows?"

Feng Ming remained silent. After a while, he spoke again, "Brother, I want him to die the way he killed my husband. Slowly and painfully."

Feng Li nodded without any hesitation, "Okay."

He stood up and said to Huo Yun, "You heard him. Let him suffer the same pain and death as Feng Ming's mate."

Huo Yun smirked wickedly, "Yes, Your Majesty."

He dragged 'It' away.

-----

After 'It' was dealt with, Feng Li asked an elder to call for everyone present in the cave to gather.

The elders gathered around Feng Li immediately. They waited patiently for him to speak.

Feng Li raised his voice and announced loudly, "We have succeeded in driving the beasts away. The Rabbit Clan helped us. Also, for now, we should focus on strengthening ourselves and preparing for the worst."

The crowd cheered loudly upon hearing Feng Li's words. They shouted excitedly.

"Yes, Majesty!"

"Long live the majesty!"

Feng Li continued, "From today onwards, I will appoint you all as the leaders of your groups. You will be responsible for helping your members. If anyone needs help, you will assist them. I hope you will work hard."

The elders nodded solemnly.

"Of course, Your Majesty. We understand."

Feng Li looked around the cave and scanned every face present. When he spotted Yu Xin among the crowd, he smiled softly.

"Good. Now, you can go back to your homes."

Everyone bowed respectfully. Then, they scattered and went their separate ways.

------

That night, Feng Li returned to his cave after having dinner.

He walked over to where Yu Xin was sitting and sat down beside him.

Yu Xin turned to look at Feng Li, smiling warmly.

Feng Li pulled Yu Xin into his arms and hugged him tightly.

He buried his face into Yu Xin's neck and inhaled deeply.

Yu Xin giggled cutely, "Husband, what are you doing?"

Feng Li replied huskily, "I just love your smell, baby."

Yu Xin blushed slightly. He wrapped his arms around Feng Li's waist and leaned against him.

They stayed like that for a while before Feng Li broke the silence.

"Baby, you should know that...your parents aren't your biological parents."

Feng Li explained everything Zhang Yue told him about Yu Xin's past.

After listening to Feng Li, Yu Xin didn't know how to react, but his eyes were sore and his breathing hitched.

Feng Li tightened his hold on Yu Xin. He caressed his head gently and whispered soothingly, "Don't cry. Everything will be alright."

"Everything will be fine. Just trust me."

Yu Xin nodded slowly.

He sniffled and wiped away his tears. Then, he cuddled closer to Feng Li.

Feng Li kissed Yu Xin's forehead lovingly, "Now, let's sleep. We have a long day tomorrow."

Yu Xin nodded again.

He closed his eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

_______________

Hey! Guys!

Hope you enjoyed~

The next chapter will be next Sunday (or before if I have time).

Bye~