Arc 2(7)

Arc 2(7)

After Li Long left the tent, Feng Li said, "Xiao Bai, don't worry; nothing will happen to you."

Hearing this, Yu Xin licked Feng Li's hand as if saying, "I know."

Feng Li then took the little fox out of the tent. He carried the little fox to the campfire, where all the other soldiers sat together, waiting for Feng Li to eat dinner.

When Feng Li was still new to the barracks, he ate food alone because other soldiers thought he was a royal person. And everyone knows royal people are not used to eating with lowly people like them. Like the ground and the sky, there is a vast chasm between them. But everything changed when Feng Li himself took the initiative to eat with them like any other soldier.

Seeing Feng Li coming near, all the soldiers stood up and bowed to greet him. Feng Li gestured to sit down, and all of them sat down. Everyone took their food and started eating and telling jokes to make the place joyful.

Seeing his subordinates happy, Feng Li smiled and just watched them having fun and laughing at jokes while he was feeding Xiao Bai the roast chicken.

Yu Xin ate the roast chicken from Feng Li's hand while watching others have fun. Judging from the respectful attitude and the woman who came out of nowhere to seduce this human, he knew the identity of this person was powerful. After hearing the human called Li Long call this human "Regent," his guess was correct.

After eating a lot, Yu Xin's belly bulged, which made him sleepy.

Noticing the little fox was sleepy, Feng Li stroked Xiao Bai's fur gently. Shortly after, Feng Li stated, "I am going to my tent; you all go to sleep after a while." "We have to continue our journey to Capital City early tomorrow morning."

After saying this, he went to his tent, took out a blanket from his bag, spread it on the floor, and lay down on it beside the little fox. He felt that the little fox would feel uncomfortable sleeping on the hard ground. So, Feng Li carried the little fox and settled the little fox down on his chest. The little fox was soft and light, and lying on his chest, he didn't feel any discomfort. Instead, for Feng Li, this cute little fox felt like a sweet burden.

When Feng Li lifted Yu Xin up, Yu Xin didn't even try to run away from him. He just let Feng Li pick him up. After lying on Feng Li's chest, Yu Xin felt comfortable. Soon, he fell sweetly asleep.

Knowing the little fox was asleep, he caressed the little fox, and soon after, Feng Li fell asleep.

Next Day,

When Feng Li woke up, the sun was still not out. He gently lifted the little fox, who was still sleeping, and got up and sat down. Feng Li hugged Xiao Bai and kissed him on the forehead lightly.

When Feng Li held Yu Xin, he was awakened a little by the movements. As if he were aware of this, Feng Li stroked his fur and said softly, "Xiao Bai, I am going out; you sleep on the chair."

Feng Li put him on the chair and left the tent.

Before continuing on their journey, soldiers greeted Regent. Soon after, Feng Li carried Xiao Bai, positioned him inside his front clothes, and rode on his horse.

All the soldiers rode their horses, all the things were placed in the carriages, and they resumed their way to the capital city.

They reached the entrance gate of the capital city in the evening before the sun went down. The whole capital city was filled with lights. Even the entrance gate of the capital city was decorated with flowers and lanterns to welcome the fighters who shed their blood to keep them safe. As the soldiers entered the gate, the citizens of the city greeted them. They were all standing on the sidelines, cheering on the soldiers. Some were crying, some were smiling with pride, and the whole city was filled with happiness.