Arc 3(14)

The next morning, Feng Li went to take Yu Xin to meet his brother.

Feng Ming should stay, resting, without any disturbance. There would be other occasions to have a normal meeting.

Yu Xin asked questions on the way, but Feng Li's heart wasn't calm, and his gaze turned serious, and a sense of threat, dark and bleak, could be felt, not far away. Yu Xin became worried. His forehead scrunched together and a dark, anxious light flashed across his eyes. He knew that even though Feng Li would tell him the truth if asked, his husband was a reserved person. But his inner doubts increased after seeing his reaction.

Feng Li reached the cave where Feng Ming was being treated. They came in, the smell of medicines in the air.

"Your Majesty.", the healer bowed and greeted him.

"How's Feng Ming doing? Will he have any sequelae?", Feng Li asked worriedly, and there wasn't any tension in his voice. His heart seemed to be loosened after seeing his brother.

"Master Feng Li has done a wonderful job. His health will be better and there will be no lasting impact from the injury. The bones that have healed, may need therapy, if Master allows."

"You are dismissed. You can rest.", Feng Li said while relaxing. He could tell they were speaking the truth and wouldn't hurt Feng Ming.

After the healer left, Yu Xin couldn't control his curiosity any longer and questioned him, "What happened, Feng Li?

"Yu Xin, his husband, Hei Lang, was killed before his eyes. After losing his loved one, it would be weird for him to not become mentally disturbed. He needs a good environment, which is why, you should go meet him first. Let him know he isn't alone."

Yu Xin inhaled.

He could only hope for Feng Ming to become better and not become depressed.

"I understand. Don't worry.", he spoke softly to ease his worries, while Feng Li smiled at him.

They went in together, Yu Xin trying hard to push himself to face him and ask what had happened.

Feng Ming, although seriously hurt, opened his eyes and sat up immediately when he heard the two enter.

Feng Ming greeted Yu Xin as a brother-in-law and welcomed him with open arms. Feng Ming wanted to comfort and share his suffering with Yu Xin. Since Yu Xin was kind and generous, and not arrogant at all, he felt calm and happy.

Both Feng Li and Feng Ming felt at ease and thought that their future wouldn't be worse, but their hope and confidence disappeared, heard the news from Feng Ming.

After hearing it, the feeling of happiness that Yu Xin and Feng Li had, suddenly vanished, and an uncertain, tragic expression surfaced.

Their breathing stopped, and their faces lost their luster.

Feng Ming did his best to slowly narrate.

His gaze was sullen and his eyes were slightly red because of tears and trauma. The room's cold, desolate atmosphere made them feel terrible.

However, what the two feared would happen and the fear that tormented them would come to fruition. Feng Ming took a long time, telling the story slowly, and finally ended.

In this world, not many sub-beasts can see the attack, and the probability of an assassination is extremely small. Moreover, the rabbit clan hadn't had a war in several years and it was peaceful. However, someone broke this tranquil silence, and an unimaginably dark and sinister plot was woven. This situation was unusual.

If Hei Lang really died, then he couldn't resurrect, nor would he return. Feng Li had faced a thousand battles. He couldn't care less if his death was meaningless but as for Feng Ming, he'd be even more unfortunate and unable to accept the loss.