Arc 3(18)

'It' sat alone in his cave.

A confident smile appeared on his face.

'This plan went well, without any problems.'

He was very satisfied with himself.

His expression suddenly changed when he recalled the memory of him killing someone.

'Damn it! Why did I kill him?!', thought 'it', annoyed.

"Well, no matter what, he deserved it. I'm glad I killed him. I thought I'd just injure him, but who told him to look so stupid? He even had the nerve to talk back to me! Hmph, serves him right.", he said out loud.

'It' didn't think too much about it and decided to continue with his original plan.

After all, he couldn't afford to let anything ruin his perfect plans.

He felt content and happy that he was finally able to accomplish his goal.

As he continued to boast about how successful he was, he heard footsteps approaching from behind.

He turned around to see who it was and saw a familiar figure standing there.

The person wore a black robe, with his face covered by a veil. His eyes were cold and emotionless.

"You are...", muttered Zhang Xi in surprise.

"What are you doing here?", he asked nervously.

"I came to see if everything is going smoothly."

'It' frowned, "Nothing is wrong. I've done everything according to the instructions."

The stranger nodded.

"Good. You did well."

"However, you should be more careful. The next step requires a lot of patience and caution.", warned the man.

'It' gritted his teeth and replied angrily, "I know what to do! Don't underestimate me!"

The stranger smirked.

"Fine, fine. I won't bother you anymore. Just remember to be careful."

He turned around and left.

'It' watched him leave and then sighed softly.

"Why does that guy always make me feel so uncomfortable?"

'It' shook its head and put the thoughts aside, focusing on the task at hand.

Zhang Xi looked at their antics and was numb. His body was used to kill someone. He was confused and stressed. The memories were eating him alive.

"Are they crazy? Why would they risk everything for something like this?", he wondered aloud.

He wasn't sure why anyone would go through so much trouble just to get rid of one person. And the worst part, he didn't understand who they wanted to hurt or target.

But there was no doubt, that they either wanted to hurt Yu Xin or his husband, Feng Li.

'I have to warn them but how?.', thought Zhang Xi, helplessly.

'Maybe...maybe I can use my strength to protect Yu Xin and his family.', Zhang Xi thought.

'No way, they'll find out and destroy my soul! What am I supposed to do now?'

'If only I had enough strength, I could kill those bastards and stop them!'

'But how? How am I going to get that power?'