Arc 2(37)

The sun peeked through the curtains, ushering in a new day for Feng Li. He stirred and his eyes fell upon the sight that never failed to bring a smile to his face – Yu Xin, his beloved with fox ears, slumbering peacefully on his chest. Unable to resist the enchanting sight, Feng Li's fingers danced over the tufted ears, drawing forth a sleepy hum from Yu Xin. His eyes fluttered open, meeting Feng Li's gaze, their connection setting off a rosy flush that dusted Yu Xin's cheeks. Playfully, he sought refuge in the embrace of Feng Li's arms, a mix of shyness and affection that painted their intimate moment.

Leaving the warmth of the bed, Feng Li retrieved a delicate bracelet from the nearby drawer. A lavender-hued rose dangled as a charm, a symbol of their unique bond. Seating himself beside Yu Xin, Feng Li gently adorned him with the bracelet, a gesture that unlocked a cascade of emotions. Yu Xin's tearful gaze met the gift, emotions swelling beyond containment. As tears streamed down his face, he touched his moistened cheeks, baffled by the unexpected display of sentiment.

Feng Li, moved by Yu Xin's tears, brushed them away tenderly. His teasing question – "Why are you such a crybaby?" – punctuated the poignant moment. Yu Xin's gaze held a mixture of confusion and emotions, yet a sudden ache in his head thwarted his response, obscuring the images that tried to surface.

Time flowed swiftly, one month melting into another. In the garden, Yu Xin found camaraderie in Chu Hua's company. Laughter rang through the air as they exchanged stories and shared hearty chuckles. What was once trepidation in Chu Hua's heart had transformed into an unbreakable friendship. The walls of apprehension crumbled, revealing a truth – Yu Xin defied her preconceptions, proving to be a genuine and approachable royal. The passage of time turned them from acquaintances into best friends, connected by laughter, camaraderie, and a bond that transcended expectations.

As the day wore on, both of them found weariness settling in their bones. The decision to retreat to their room was unanimous, seeking the solace of rest. Yet, in the midst of their steps, an unforeseen unease gripped Yu Xin. A wave of dizziness washed over him, blurring his surroundings until, without warning, darkness engulfed him. His form crumbled, an unconscious fall that Chu Hua could not forestall, despite her panicked attempts.

With urgency reigning, Chu Hua's voice pierced the air, a call for aid that summoned nearby servants. Like a well-orchestrated ballet, they rallied, summoning the palace physicians to tend to Yu Xin. As they bore him back to their chamber, Feng Li's name was on everyone's lips, the news of Yu Xin's distress conveyed with swiftness.

Within the bedroom, a flurry of activity greeted Feng Li's arrival. A cadre of doctors encircled Yu Xin, their expressions a blend of concern and purpose. In the periphery, Chu Hua stood, her anxious gaze flitting between Yu Xin and the bustle of activity. Feng Li's entrance was a resolute presence, his command of the room tangible. Greetings hung in the air, swiftly silenced by a wave of his hand – a directive to continue their work.

Rushing to Yu Xin's side, Feng Li's heart clenched at the sight. Yu Xin's pallor was stark against his usually vibrant complexion, beads of sweat glistening on his skin. The worry in Feng Li's voice was palpable as he clasped Yu Xin's hand, his words hurried, "What happened?"

A weak response emerged from Yu Xin's lips as his eyes fluttered open, a fragile admission that carried a weight of uncertainty, "I... I don't know. The world spun, and then... I fainted."

A furrow marred Feng Li's brow as he regarded the doctors, his concern deepening. "Tell me, what's wrong with him? Is he going to be okay?" His questions were tinged with a mixture of worry and impatience.

Their response was tinged with uncertainty. "We can't definitively pinpoint the cause. His physical condition displays no signs of illness. It's possible that stress and a lack of proper nourishment have taken a toll," they explained, their words a puzzle piece in an unsolved mystery.