Arc 3(28)

A month passed by quickly.

The snake clan started building the wall around the territory. The border of the snake clan was 50 km large.

Each group of fifty people worked together to build the wall.

The wall was made of mud bricks stacked together with mud mortar. It was strong and sturdy.

They started making walls from the North side, from where the wild animals usually come.

Feng Li went out to help the other group sometimes.

He taught them how to make mud bricks, how to use animal dung, straw, and other materials to make it stronger, how to mix mud mortar, and how to stack the bricks one by one.

This month, they managed to make the walls halfway.

It was not difficult for them to make the walls. But, they needed more time to complete the walls completely.

--------

One day, in the evening, Feng Li and Yu Xin were in the cave relaxing.

Yu Xin was lying down on the bed. His head was resting on Feng Li's lap.

He was staring at the ceiling, lost in thoughts.

Feng Li caressed Yu Xin's head gently. He ran his fingers through Yu Xin's soft hair.

"What are you thinking about?", asked Feng Li curiously.

Yu Xin answered quietly, "I was thinking...what Zhang Xi and Huo Yun are doing right now."

Feng Li smiled slightly, "Are you worried about them? Or, are you curious about them?"

Yu Xin smiled back shyly, "Maybe both?"

Feng Li chuckled lightly.

He leaned forward and kissed Yu Xin's forehead tenderly.

"Don't worry, baby. They will be fine."

Yu Xin nodded obediently.

He closed his eyes and snuggled closer to Feng Li.

Feng Li continued stroking Yu Xin's hair gently.

He whispered, "Go to sleep. It's getting late."

Yu Xin murmured, "Yes..."

He drifted off to sleep soon after.

Feng Li watched Yu Xin sleeping peacefully. He smiled faintly before closing his eyes as well.

--------

Nearby,

Huo Yun was also lying in his cave. The cave was allotted to him until a new house was built for him. He was provided with every facility, as he was Feng Li's friend. He had warm bedding, blankets, pillows, a fireplace, and food.

But he was staring at the ceiling blankly.

His mind wandered off to Zhang Xi. He sighed sadly, thinking, 'I miss him so much.'

--------

In the rabbit clan,

Zhang Xi was sitting on his bed. He stared at the ceiling absent-mindedly. He thought about Huo Yun and wondered where he was and what he was doing right now.

He missed him. He missed their conversations. He missed his smiles. He missed everything about him.

Zhang Xi sighed heavily. He lay down on the bed and closed his eyes.

He was exhausted and wanted to sleep. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't fall asleep.

The next morning, when he woke up, he was still looking fatigued. His body was sore.