Arc 3(19)

Zhang Xi was shocked after listening to Huo Yun's explanation.

"Is that true? Are you really here to save me?", asked Zhang Xi, uncertainly.

Huo Yun nodded, "Of course, Xi Xi. I would never lie to you."

Zhang Xi was speechless for a moment before hugging Huo Yun tightly.

His tear fell on Huo Yun's shoulder.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Huo Yun smiled warmly and patted his head gently.

"You don't have to thank me. I will always protect you. No matter what happens."

Zhang Xi felt touched by Huo Yun's words.

"I still have some questions though.", said Zhang Xi.

"Ask whatever you want, Xi Xi.", replied Huo Yun.

"Well...who are you to me? I don't know you, but you seem familiar."

"Are you my brother? Or maybe a friend?", questioned Zhang Xi.

"No, I am not your family. And neither am I your friend. You can say, I am your lover."

Zhang Xi was surprised and embarrassed.

"My lover?!", exclaimed Zhang Xi, loudly.

Huo Yun laughed softly, "Yes, your lover. Do you remember anything about me?"

Zhang Xi shook his head, "No. Not at all. How did we meet?"

"We met by accident. It happened centuries ago."

Zhang Xi asked again, "Do you know Feng Li? Because you seem to be familiar with him too."

Huo Yun chuckled, "I know Feng Li very well. He is my best friend."

"Wait...if you are Feng Li's best friend, you must know why they are after him?", inquired Zhang Xi.

Huo Yun nodded, "Of course I do. They want Feng Li's heart."

"What? His heart? Why?"

"It's complicated. But basically, they want his heart because it holds great power. And if someone gets their hands on it, then they can become invincible."

"Oh, okay...", muttered Zhang Xi.

"So, is that why they're targeting Yu Xin? Because he married Feng Li?"

Huo Yun sighed, "No, that wasn't their original target. 'It' is jealous of Yu Xin. He thinks Yu Xin takes everything away from him. That's why he decided to join the demon's clan just to get Feng Li. But he was stupid and is just being played by them."

"And now, they are using him as a tool."

"Huh? What do you mean?", asked Zhang Xi, confused.

"The person controlling 'It' wants Feng Li's heart. Feng Li doesn't have a weak soul like you or me. His soul is strong enough to protect the whole world if needed. His heart is also made up of ice, and to get the whole power of his heart, someone must melt it. Many tried but no one was able to, even 'It' tried but even he was unable to. At last, Yu Xin did what all of them couldn't. Sadly, even he was sent from the demon's side."

"And you can guess what would happen later.", Huo Yun concluded.

"What? Who is that man?", questioned Zhang Xi.

"That's not important right now. You'll know soon anyway. For now, let's focus on taking you out of this void."

"Okay, but how do you plan to do that?"

"I have a way. But first, I need you to help me."

"What do you want me to do?", asked Zhang Xi.

"It's simple. You just need to trust me.", replied Huo Yun.

Zhang Xi nodded, "Alright, I trust you."

Huo Yun smiled and kissed Zhang Xi's forehead gently.

"Good boy. Now close your eyes for me."

Zhang Xi closed his eyes obediently.

Huo Yun cupped Zhang Xi's face in his hands and slowly leaned forward until his lips touched Zhang Xi's.

Zhang Xi was startled and opened his eyes wide.

He wanted to push Huo Yun away, but Huo Yun didn't budge. He just kept kissing him.

Zhang Xi blushed furiously and tried to resist. But he couldn't fight back, as Huo Yun was too strong for him.

After some time passed, Huo Yun finally released Zhang Xi. He stared at him with a mischievous smile on his face.

Zhang Xi slapped on Huo Yun's face.

Huo Yun laughed and rubbed his cheek gently.

"You pervert! How dare you kiss me?!", shouted Zhang Xi angrily.

"I'm sorry, Xi Xi. But you're just so cute when you're angry.", teased Huo Yun.

"Stop talking nonsense! Why did you kiss me?!"

"Don't tell me it was because you love me. Because it won't work. I hate you!"

Huo Yun chuckled and pinched Zhang Xi's cheeks lightly.

"Yes, I love you. And you also love me. Otherwise, why would you agree to marry me?"

"What? No way! I wouldn't marry someone like you!"

Huo Yun sighed, "Fine, fine. Let's stop arguing about this. We don't have much time left. So, I need to hurry."

"We would have started a longtime ago if not for your perverted behaivour."

"Hey! I am not a pervert.", complained Huo Yun.

"Yeah, sure.", replied Zhang Xi sarcastically.

"Anyway, let's get back to the topic."

"So, what I did before is called a soul exchange. Basically, it transfers part of my soul to yours. In other words, I gave you half of my strength. This way, you can escape from this void."

"However, this method has its limitations. If your body is too weak, then you might die during the process. That's why we need another person to help us."

"And fortunately for us, that person is here already."

Zhang Xi looked around and saw an old man standing behind Huo Yun. He had white hair, a beard, and dark blue eyes. He wore a robe made of black silk.

"This is Feng Li's master. He helped me break through the barrier."

The old man smiled kindly.

But before Zhang Xi could react, a little child popped out from behind the old man.

The little boy looked at Zhang Xi curiously. His eyes were bright and clear. His hair was messy but it was fluffy. And his skin was fair. He had a cute baby face with chubby cheeks. He had red lips and small ears.

He seemed to be around three years old.

Zhang Xi was stunned by the child's appearance.

"Who...who is he?"

Huo Yun whispered to him, "He's Feng Li's son."

__________________

I'll upload more chapters if I have time~

Otherwise, next update will be on Sunday~

Bye~

<3<3