Arc 2(4)

Arc 2(4)

At Midnight,

The massive bell in the middle of the capital city rang to announce the war. A eunuch ran to the courtyard of the emperor to announce that the enemy kingdom has started a war with them. The emperor immediately ordered all the ministers and generals to assemble at the court.

Hearing the bell, Feng Li immediately wore his clothes and went out of his courtyard. The servants at his place were starting to stop him, but before they said anything, Feng Li already stated, "I am going to court and no one's going to stop me."

After saying this, he mounted his horse and rode towards the court. He lived pretty near court, so it only took around 5 minutes to reach there. He tied his horse outside and went into the court. Likewise, he stepped in the court and saw all the ministers trying to say their ideas.

Seeing Feng Li coming in, they all became silent and turned their heads towards the emperor as if questioning, why is the crown prince here?

The emperor asked Feng Li, "Feng Li, what are you doing here?"

Feng Li answered, "Your majesty, I hope you'll give me a chance to help the empire in protecting it."

The emperor disagreed, "Feng Li, this is not a child's play, and you've never fought in a war, how are you going to handle it?"

"Can you give me a chance?, Your Majesty", Feng Li requested.

But the ministers were not happy to hear this, but before they opened their mouth, the emperor raised his hand and said, "Tell me"

"Your Majesty, can you please tell me the details of the enemy kingdom?" Feng Li asked.

"General Yu, tell him the details", the emperor ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty, the enemy kingdom is one of our neighboring country from the west side. They have been trying to occupy our empire. Even though they have smaller land area than us, but they have strong military forces. We have 200,000 soldiers in West side, but they have around 450,000 soldiers and to send the military forces from other sides of our empire will weaken us. And sending the soldiers from other side to west will cost huge amount of money and food and because of the distance between the west and other sides it will take around one month time to reach West side from other sides which is too much.", General Yu explained seriously because the problem was huge.

"Then let's divide the swordsmen and the archers in two groups. The swordsmen will fight from the front and the archers will shoot from the back. And attack the enemy kingdom from north to disturb them. I guess that they must have sent the large number of soldiers to west side to attack. So, there must be fewer soldiers in other sides."

Hearing this, all people present were shocked as if how can teenager come up with such good ideas, but they can't.

The emperor immediately announced to send the decree to the west side general and also ordered General Yu to get ready to leave.

But at the same time, Feng Li said, "Your Majesty, please allow me to join the army at West side and even if you'd stop me, I'll still go."

Knowing Feng Li's personality, the emperor agreed.

After knowing that Feng Li was going to fight in the war, The empress was stunned and fainted. All the maids were terrified and hurriedly called the imperial doctor to treat her. Soon after, the imperial doctor, he checked upon her and told, "Your Majesty, The empress was shocked and was unable to handle the news."

The emperor was petrified when he got to know that his wife fainted. Both him and Feng Li came when the doctor was checking her.

Soon The empress woke up, she held Feng Li's hand and said, "Feng Li, Don't go to war, your mother will not be able to be far away from you."

Feng Li held her hands and said gently, "Mom, don't worry, nothing will happen to your son. Wait for me."

The empress cried and hugged Feng Li. She was unable to control her tears. Soon she knew that she will not be able to stop Feng Li.

Next Day,

The engagement between Feng Li and Qin Ling was postponed until Feng Li came from the war. They didn't know until when this war will continue, but all of them hoped that it will end early.

Feng Li together with others were ready to leave the capital city. Many people of capital city were standing outside to watch them leave the city.

Together with other people, Qin Ling was standing on the balcony of a restaurant looking down, searching the crown prince. Then the maid beside her pointed to a person wearing the iron armor, the person really stand out in the group. He had eyebrows which was thick but was shaped beautiful, his green eyes had indifference and coldness as if nothing could affect him, same as his face. His skin was not fair, but was wheatish in color. His hair was tied up in a bun. Anyone could tell that he was tall by seeing his long legs. He was the definition of handsomeness.

Seeing Feng Li, Qin Ling was stunned and soon her face turned red. All the single ladies and maids were blushing, murmuring and questioning, who is this person?

Until someone said, "He is the crown prince."

Hearing this, Qin Ling was dumbfounded, even though she knew that the engagement which was supposed to be held today was postponed because the crown prince was going to war. She thought it was just a cover-up by the crown prince to run away from the engagement. She never thought it was true that he was going to war.

__________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY~♪ヽ(・ˇ∀ˇ・ゞ)

I hope you enjoy this year~(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Also the part where I wrote about the strategy for the war......umm......just....just don't take it seriously.....

I wrote it so that the emperor would understand that our protagonist has the power to handle a war.........

Also I used an AI proofreader to proofread the chapters ( from the starting chapter of Arc 2)

Is it good or should I change?

Do answer me~

Bye~

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧