Arc 3(36)

Feng Li asked gently, "But what?"

Yu Xin's heart thumped quickly. He took a deep breath and blurted out, "I'm scared of getting my memories back."

Yu Xin continued without waiting for Feng Li's reply, "Huo Yun said to me that our past is not good... Feng Li, Could it be... Did I hurt you?"

When Feng Li heard his words, he immediately denied Yu Xin's concerns and kissed his lips softly.

"You will not hurt me, I promise. If I died then it must've been my fate. So, you shouldn't blame yourself for anything."

Yu Xin insisted, "What if I hurt you and then it came to a life or death situation? So, even if I wanted to take care of you, I couldn't because you were already dead?"

Feng Li stroked Yu Xin's hair and said, "Whatever happened in the past, whatever it is, I'm still here, right? And I have no intention of leaving you."

"Then, You won't get mad?", Yu Xin muttered worriedly.

Feng Li smiled softly, "No, I won't. As long as you stay with me now, nothing else matters anymore."

"Thank you.", Yu Xin murmured gratefully.

He hugged Feng Li tightly and buried his face in Feng Li's broad chest.

"Let's go take a nap", Feng Li suggested lightly.

Yu Xin nodded obediently, "Okay..."

They both lay down on the bed and cuddled close together.

They fell asleep soon after.

----

A while later, when they woke up from their nap, they got ready for dinner.

Feng Li cooked dinner for them.

Then, they sat down at the table and ate quietly.

Yu Xin looked at Feng Li seriously, "Feng Li, I want to get my memories back."

Feng Li stared at him in surprise, "Now?"

"Yes.", Yu Xin affirmed firmly.

"But, are you sure?", Feng Li questioned cautiously.

Yu Xin nodded decisively, "Yes."

"Okay, Let's take it easy. Take your time and don't force yourself."

Then, they finished eating their meals and cleaned up afterward.

Afterwards, they lay down on the bed and talked for a little while longer before falling asleep again.

----

The next morning, they woke up early and prepared breakfast.

After eating, they went out for a walk.

While strolling through the forest, Yu Xin grabbed Feng Li's hand suddenly and stopped walking.

"What's wrong?", Feng Li asked curiously.

Yu Xin faced Feng Li, wrapped his arms around Feng Li's neck, and nuzzled his nose.

"Kiss me.", Yu Xin begged sweetly.

Feng Li raised one eyebrow questioningly, "Why do you want me to kiss you?"

Yu Xin pouted childishly, "I don't know. Just Kiss me please."

"If you insist...", Feng Li mumbled reluctantly.

Then, he gently cupped Yu Xin's face and leaned forward to press his soft lips against Yu Xin's plump ones.

At first, he only brushed his lips against Yu Xin's tenderly.

However, after a few seconds, he began kissing him passionately.

Yu Xin sighed blissfully and closed his eyes.

They kissed until they were breathless.

"Was it good?", Feng Li asked between pants.

Yu Xin opened his eyes and nodded slightly.

Feng Li smiled sweetly, "Good. We should continue doing this more often."

Yu Xin blushed heavily, "O-okay."

"Let's go to Huo Yun's place', and ask him how to unlock your memory", Feng Li suggested.

Yu Xin agreed earnestly, "Alright."

Then, Feng Li took Yu Xin's hand and interlaced their fingers together.

They walked side by side, holding hands, until they arrived at Huo Yun's place.

Upon seeing them, Huo Yun frowned thoughtfully, "You are quite early."

Feng Li, who was silent during the whole journey, finally opened his mouth and said, "We're here to ask you how to get his memories."

"Oh, it's simple. He needs to relive those bad memories.", Huo Yun replied simply.

"Relive? What does that mean?", Feng Li inquired frowning.

"If something traumatic happened in your past, then you'll be forced to recall those painful experiences repeatedly.", Huo Yun explained calmly.

"Does such a method exist?", Feng Li wondered doubtfully.

"Of course. It's just like hypnosis.", Huo Yun confirmed confidently.

"Isn't that too cruel? Even for Yu Xin."

"If he doesn't want to get his memories back, we can't force him. Besides, this is not the first time Yu Xin faced a similar predicament."

"Back then, I helped him but that was a long time ago. Now, It's best if you do it yourself. Only you can bring him to his breaking point."

"Do you think I'll agree?"

"This is for his own good.", Huo Yun stated matter-of-factly.

"I can't."

Huo Yun shrugged his shoulders, "It's your choice, remember not everything revolves around him."

Feng Li sighed sadly, "Yes, Yes, okay. Can I talk to him first, before we decide anything?"

"Of course."

"Wait, are you also going to go with him?", Huo Yun asked simply.

Feng Li nodded, and stated as a matter of fact, "I've decided to join him. Besides, don't you need someone to protect him?"

Huo Yun shook his head, "Don't worry, nothing will occur. It's just reliving the past. Also, If you are joining him, then you and Yu Xin, both will relive your past. And even if you try to, you will not be able to change anything because it can't be changed."

"From the moment, I send you both, the time will stand still, which means even I would not be able to help any of you. So, don't hesitate to think twice before you agree."

Feng Li looked towards Yu Xin. There was no hesitation or fear on his face and Feng Li didn't waste time before returning his gaze back to Huo Yun and said, "We both agree."

___________________

Hope you are enjoying!