Arc 3(3)

Arc 3(3)

Arriving at the designated meeting point, they were met by several members of the rabbit clan, whose unease was thinly veiled beneath their attempts at cordiality. Feng Li keenly observed their underlying fear, understanding that it stemmed from long-standing misunderstandings between the snake clan and others. Misconceptions had shrouded the snake clan in a veil of mistrust, causing many to view them as ruthless and perilous.

Feng Li recognized the complexities of the situation. Despite his ascension to the throne, the snake clan remained isolated, as other clans were reluctant to engage with them. This isolation was partly due to the snake clan's intimidating demeanor, which naturally stemmed from their need to protect their citizens.

The middle-aged man who greeted Feng Li was the first to speak. "It is an honor to meet the esteemed ruler of the snake clan."

Feng Li regarded the man with a composed nod and replied, "Likewise. Thank you for coming here today. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter."

The man then introduced a young beast named Zhang Yang, who would be representing the rabbit clan during the discussions. Feng Li studied the boy for a moment before responding, "I am Feng Li, the current king of the snake clan. Let us begin our negotiations."

------

In this unique world, two distinct categories of beings existed: the Beasts and the Sub-Beasts. Among these classifications, the Snake Beasts stood out as the epitome of strength and power. They possessed the extraordinary ability to transform into snakes of varying sizes, their serpentine tails aiding them in maintaining balance whether they walked upright on two legs or gracefully slithered on all fours. However, their inability to take to the skies meant that they preferred to remain close to the earth's surface.

In contrast, the Snake Sub-Beasts did not possess tails. Instead, they boasted a pair of large, expressive ears and small fangs. These unique characteristics allowed them to hear distant sounds with remarkable precision and communicate silently among themselves through subtle body language. These abilities made them exceptional scouts and spies, often serving as the eyes and ears of the snake clan.

Additionally, snake beast had the incredible ability to alter their size to suit the demands of the situation. When faced with danger, they could grow to astonishing proportions, easily overpowering their adversaries. Moreover, they possessed venom, which, when injected into a target, induced paralysis. However, this venom could only be released in the heat of battle, underscoring the snakes' formidable prowess in combat.

------

After several hours of productive discussions, Feng Li and the representatives from the Rabbit clan reached a mutually satisfactory agreement. Both parties left the meeting with smiles, content with the outcome they had achieved.

As they prepared to head back to their respective territories, the same middle-aged man who had initially greeted Feng Li approached him with a polite request. "Majesty, would you kindly join me for a cup of tea?" he asked.

Feng Li regarded the man's face, finding no malice or ill intentions in his demeanor. Considering that his mission was successfully completed, Feng Li saw no harm in accepting the invitation. Thus, he agreed to accompany the man for tea.

Following the man's lead, Feng Li was guided to a nearby village. Along the winding streets, the villagers quickly retreated upon spotting them, their expressions betraying a mixture of fear and apprehension. Feng Li couldn't help but empathize with their unease.

"What are your thoughts on our kingdom?" the middle-aged man inquired suddenly, disrupting Feng Li's contemplation.

Coming to a halt, Feng Li turned to face his companion. "It's beautiful," he replied genuinely. "I've never seen such abundant greenery before."