Chapter 37

March 3, 1992

"Hello!" Wendy walked inside as if it was her own house. 

She seemed really...entitled. She hugged Kurt, then Lorelai, and slowly made her way over to me, carrying her baby girl in her hands. 

"I can take her if you want," Kurt offered. 

He took Brianne-his baby sister-in his hands and was extremely careful. Kurt's fingers were very long (his hands were just big), so he easily wrapped his hands around her. 

"How are you all?" Wendy sat down. 

"We're good," I replied. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

"A water."

I got her a cup of water and handed it to her. 

"Thank you. When are you guys moving?"

"Hopefully by the next two weeks," Kurt replied. "I really want to get out of this shithole."

"Kurt. You don't mean that."

"I do. I hate it here."

"The new house is really nice," I added on a lighter note. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been three hours and we still didn't tell Wendy that I was pregnant. I wanted to tell my parents before she knew, but it wasn't that big of a deal. 

MTV was on, but as soon as I saw the song that was playing, I elbowed Kurt's side-he really liked that song. So did Lorelai. 

"'Crucified'?" Wendy asked. "Really?"

I smiled as Lorelai started singing in her sweet little high pitched voice with Kurt. It seemed like Wendy hated that song. So did I. I thought that it was the most pointless and stupid song ever-especially the music video. 

Kurt stood up and started dancing with Lorelai. 

"You're fine with Lorelai watching this?!" Wendy exclaimed. 

I chuckled and realized that I was softly singing, too. It was a catchy song. 

"Kurt, you guys should cover this," I started cackling at the thought of them playing this and how disastrous it would be. 

Once the song was over, Wendy looked so relieved. It really was not that big of a deal. 

"Mom, we have some news for you," Kurt said. 

"Kurt, you're telling her now?" I gritted through my teeth. 

"Lorelai, honey, can you go in your room for a second?"

"Sure, Daddy," She ran off into her bedroom. 

"What's the news?" Wendy asked, but before either of us could reply, she yelled, "You're getting married! I knew it!"

"No, Ruby's pregnant," Kurt said. 

Her smiled faded away quicker than the speed of light. "What?"

"Ruby's pregnant with our kid."

I smiled as he sat back down and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. 

"You're being serious?"

"As serious as can be."

"But you're not even married."

"Seriously, Mom? That's what you're worried about? No 'Congratulations'?"

"Kurt, sorry, this is just a lot to take in."

"It's good news," I clarified. "Kurt and I are going to be having a baby together."

"It's not the best of news," Wendy muttered and stood up, carrying the car seat. "I think I must be going now."

I felt so bad. "Let me help you."

I grabbed the car seat and took it to her car, told Wendy bye, and walked back inside. 

"You're too nice, Ruby," Kurt said. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God, I can't believe that she responded like that!" Kurt was still fussing about his mom hours later. 

"It's alright," I softly chuckled, rubbing his back. 

He looked down at my stomach and lifted up my shirt, then lightly kissed my stomach. 

"We are not going to be that couple," I pulled down my shirt and chuckled. "Are you happy we're having a kid?"

"Yeah."

"You are? It doesn't really seem like it."

"Well, I don't really express my emotions a lot, either."

"Do you think Lorelai's going to get jealous?"

"Definitely."

I chuckled. "Don't leave us, okay?"

"Don't worry; I'm not going anywhere."