VIII. WELCOME TO HOGWARTS

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?"

Mia and Ron had moved next to Harry on his side, and the sweets were covering both the seats and on the floor as the three eleven-year-olds were munching their way through it.

"They mean every flavour!" Ron said, biting the head off a jelly snake, "there's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also spinach, liver and tripe." Harry popped the bean into his mouth and began chewing. "George swore he got a bogey-flavoured one once!" Mia laughed as Harry quickly took the bean he was chewing out of his mouth.

"These aren't real chocolate frogs, are they?" Mia asked, sitting in-between the boys as she held up a pack of Chocolate Frogs. She was starting to feel that nothing would surprise her.

"It's just a spell," Ron assured her, "besides, it's the cards you want. Each pack's got a famous witch or wizard. I got about 500 meself." 

Mia unwrapped her Chocolate Frog and she let out a laugh as the chocolate frog jumped onto the window and began climbing up it.

"Watch it!" The frog reaches the open gap in the window, and jumped out. "Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with."

Mia looked away from the window picked up the card. It showed a man's face. He wore half-moon glasses, had a long, crooked nose, and flowing silver hair, beard, and moustache. Underneath the picture was the name Albus Dumbledore. 

"I got Dumbledore!" she said surprised.

"I got about six of him," Ron said. Mia turned over her card and read:

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
CURRENTLY HEADMASTER OF HOGWARTS

Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling.

Mia turned the card back over and saw, to her astonishment, that Dumbledore's face had disappeared.

"Hey, he's gone!" she said, looking up at Ron.

"Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day, can you?" Ron asked amused as Mia shrugged in amusement. Just then, Ron's rat Scabbers get a squeak and the twins looked down at the fat rat. "This is Scabbers, by the way, pathetic, isn't he?"

"A little," Harry said at the same time Mia said, "A lot." The twins looked at each other, chuckled then turned back to Ron.

"Fred gave me a spell as to turn him yellow," Ron told them, "want to see?"