XC. 422ND QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Blimey Dad, how far up are we?"

Mia let out a chuckle as she walked next to Ron. The stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. They clambered upward with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filtered away through doors into the stands to their left and right. The party of eight kept climbing until they heard an all too familair voice.

"Well put it this way. . . ." 

They all looked over the banister and saw Lucius Malfoy with his son, Draco. He looked at Mia and smirked as the ginger girl rolled her eyes at him. She couldn't lie, he had grown more attractive over the summer. He looked latter, more broader and his hair had grown slightly as it hung over his cold blue eyes. 

"If it rains, you'll be the first to know." 

"Father and I are in the minister's box," Draco said as Mia raised an eyebrow, "by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

"Big fucking deal," Mia said, rolling her eyes and resting her hands on the banister as Draco scoffed. 

"Don't boast, Draco," Mr. Malfoy said, jabbing his son in the stomach with his cane. Mis furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "There's no need with these people." Mr. Malfoy's eyes looked to Hermione, who went slightly pink, but stared determinedly back at him. Mia knew exactly what was making Mr. Malfoy's lip curl like that.

"These people?" Mia asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'll show you these people."

"Mia, it's not worth it," Harry mumbled as Mia nodded. The ginger girl went to turn around when she went let out a hiss. She looked down and saw Mr. Malfoy's cane latching onto her pale hand. 

"Do enjoy yourself won't you," he said as Mia raised an eyebrow. "While you can."

"Get that thing off me before I shove that cane so far up your as. . . ."

"Mia," Mr. Weasley said as Draco looked away, a smirk growing on his face as the ginger girl turned to Mr. Malfoy. 

"Get. Off," she said, her eyes glowing red as Mr. Malfoy removed the cane. 

Mia looked down at her hand and saw a small trickle of blood. She wiped her hand and followed the others. She glanced back at Draco and saw he was already looking at her. She furrowed her eyebrows slightly before she followed the others to the very top of the stadium.

"Come on up, take your seats," Mr. Wesley called as they made their way to the very top of the stadium.  "I told you these seats would be worth waiting for."

Mia looked over the banister and beamed. The spectators screamed and clapped. Thousands of flags waved, adding their discordant national anthems to the racket.