LXI. REUNITED AGAIN

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Prongs!"

Mia and Harry walked into the parlour of the Leaky Cauldron and saw Prongs and Hedwig sitting there peacefully. Prongs squeaked happily, flew over to Mia's outstretched arm and perched there, looking happy as he rubbed his fluffy head against Mia's freckled cheek.

"Right smart bird you got there, Mr and Miss. Potter," a stooping figure said. It was Tom, the wizened, toothless landlord. "They arrived here just five minutes before yourself."

Mia beamed as she stroked Prongs gently. She turned around and her eyes went wide as she felt a bucketful of ice cascade into his stomach. Standing opposite them was Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic himself.

"Harry," she muttered. Harry looked at her, looked where she was looking and his green eyes went wide seconds before Tom ushered the twins into two seats in front of the Minister.

"As Minister for Magic," Fudge said as he looked at the twins, "it is my duty to inform you, Mr and Miss. Potter, earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located a little south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack."

Mia started to laugh but disgusted it as her clearing her throat as Fudge looked at her.

"The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched immediately. She has been properly punctured and her memory modified. She will have no recollection of the incident whatsoever. So that's that, and no harm done." Fudge smiled at Mia ad Harry over the rim of his teacup, rather like an uncle surveying a favourite niece or nephew.

"Pea soup?" Tom asked, holding up a small pot to the twins.

"No, thank you," Mia said shaking her head.

"Minister?" Harry asked.

"Yes?" Fudge asked.

"I don't understand," Harry said as Mia looked at him.

"Understand?" Fudge asked, confused.

"I broke the law," Harry said as Mia looked at her brother with a judgemental look resembling her father greatly as she looked him up and down. "Underage wizards can't use magic at home."

"Harry," Mia muttered, "shut up."

"Come now," Fudge said chuckling, "the Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts. On the other hand, running away like that, given the state of things, was very, very irresponsible." Mia furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean, the state of things?" she asked.

"We have a killer on the loose," Fudge said as the twins looked at each other.

"Sirius Black, you mean?" Harry asked as Fudge nodded. "But what's he got to do with us?" Harry asked as Fudge looked slightly guilty.

"Nothing, of course," Fudge said as Mia raised an eyebrow. "You're safe. And that's what matters.                      And tomorrow you'll be on your way back to Hogwarts." He walked to a bookshelf where two stacks of books were sitting. "These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty of having them brought here. Now Tom will show you to your room."