LXVI. RIDDIKULUS

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?"

Mia, Harry, Ron and Hermione were sat at the Gryffindor table when they heard Pansy Parkinson buttering up to Draco who had his arm in a sling. 

"It comes and it goes," the blond boy said, "still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I could've lost my arm. I can't do homework for weeks."

"Listen to the idiot," Ron said, sitting next to Mia, "he's really laying it on thick, isn't he?"

"He's such a liar," Mia said, rolling her blue eyes, "I saw him using his arm perfectly fine the other day."

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired," Harry said, sitting opposite his sister. 

"I hear Draco's father's furious," Hermione said as Mia looked at her. "We haven't heard the end of this."

"Oh please," Mia scoffed, "his father get's furious if we even breath in his direction," she said. 

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!"

Mia and the others turned their heads and saw Seamus running towards them, holding the Daily Prophet in his hand. 

"Who?" Mia asked.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus said as he threw it on the table as everyone got up and read it. 

"Dufftown?" Hermione said, reading the paper. "That's not far from here."

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked nervously. 

"With dementors at every entrance?" Dean asked as Mia furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Dementors?" Seamus asked, "he slipped past them once.Who's to say he won't do it again? "

"That's right," said a boy Mia knew by sight, "Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Mia had a worried look on her face as she looked up at Harry then looked back down, her lips parted slightly as she furrowed her eyebrows. 

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Intriguing, isn't it?"

It was time for their first ever Defence Against The Dark Arts lesson. Lupin was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals. He was standing next to a wardrobe, and it gave a sudden wobble, banging off the wall.

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" he asked.

"That's a boggart, that is," Dean said.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas," he said. 

Neville gave Professor Lupin a look of pure terror, and Seamus Finnigan eyed the now rattling doorknob apprehensively. "