XI. THE POTIONS MASTER

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

The next morning, Mia woke up in a silent dorm with all the curtains around the beds. Trying to be as quiet as she could, the red-haired girl got ready for her first day of school. When she was ready, she grabbed her school bag and walked down to an empty common room at the same time as Harry and Ron, who were fully dressed with their school bags.

"Morning lads," she said grinning.

"Morning Mia," Harry said.

"Looks like we're early for school," Ron said grinning. 

"Looks like it," Harry said as Mia's smile faded slightly.

"My dorm was completely silent when I woke up," she said, "I couldn't even hear anyone breathing."

"Hang on," Harry said, "so was ours." 

Mia's smiled dropped as she looked at Harry and Ron before all their eyes went wide.

"Shit!" Mia yelled as they raced out of the common room at full speed.

"What lesson do we have?" Ron yelled as they sprinted down the stairs.

"Transfiguration!" Harry yelled.

"What floor?" Ron yelled.

"First!" Mia yelled as she jumped the rest of the staircase and sprinted away with Harry and Ron at her side.

The three of them raced down the corridor on the first floor and burst into the classroom were the entire class were copying notes while a tabby cat was sitting on the desk.

"Whew, we made it," Ron pated as Mia nodded. "Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" 

Just then, the cat on the desk jumped off, and the next thing to three first years knew, they were staring at the stern face of Professor McGonagall.

"Oh shit," Mia said as she sent McGonagall an awkward smile. "Hello Professor."

"That was bloody brilliant," Ron said as McGonagall looked at him.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley," she said, "perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr and Miss. Potter and yourself into a pocket-watch, that way one of you might be on time." 

The three first years looked at each other.

"Even then we'd still be late," Mia said with a grin that resembled her father's so much, as McGonagall looked at her. 

"Then perhaps a map?" she asked, "I trust you don't need one to find your seats." 

The trio turned around and saw there were two seats free next to each other and then one seat free next to Draco Malfoy. They looked at each other and raced for the two free seats, but Harry and Ron got there first. Mia stood behind the boys as they looked back at her and grinned.