CXXVII. LUNA LOVEGOOD

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

✴ ✴ ✴ ✴

"Padfoot. Are you barking mad? You'll blow the entire operation."

But the great black dog gave a joyful bark and gambolled around them as Mia walked next to Hermione as they made their way to Platform 9 and 3/4. Mia chuckled lightly as she made her way towards Lupin and Tonks who was sporting a bubblegum pink hairstyle. 

While Padfoot and Harry went into the waiting room, Mia, Lupin and Tonks lingered casually beside the barrier between platforms nine and ten until the coast was clear, then each of them leaned against it in turn and fell easily through onto platforms nine and three quarters, where the Hogwarts Express stood belching sooty steam over a platform packed with departing students and their families.

Mia stood there, slightly frozen in fear as she stared at the train. 

"Hey," Tonk said, appearing at the ginger girl's side, "are you okay?"

"I can't," she admitted, her voice shaky as she looked at Tonks. "I'm not ready to go back. Everyone's going to know, and I-I want to be clean, b-but I don't know."

"You are ready," Lupin said as he joined them. "I've already owled Madam Pomfrey, if you see her when you can, she can start you on a potion to help you." Mia looked up at him as he smiled lightly. "Here." 

He got a photograph from his pocket and handed it to the girl. She took the photo and smiled lightly as she saw the smiling faces of her parents looking at her.

"Original Order of the Phoenix," he said.

"Is that. . . .?" Mia asked, pointing at a man who looked the same as Neville.

"Frank and Alice Longbottom," he said as Mia looked shocked. 

"Neville's parents," she said as he nodded. 

"They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me," he said as Mia nodded. "I want you to keep the photo." Mia looked up at him as he nodded. "If you ever feel like it's too much, or you can't do anything, look at the photo. Remind yourself why you are there."

"Thank you," Mia said, hugging Lupin tightly as he smiled. 

"It's been great meeting you," said Tonks, hugging the ginger girl tightly. "We'll see you soon, I expect. Take care, okay?" 

A warning whistle sounded; the students still on the platform started hurrying onto the train. Mia smiled lightly as she got onto the train, and was joined by Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny.

"See you!" Harry called out of the open window as the train began to move, while Ron, Hermione, and Ginny waved beside him while Mia stood there. The figures of Tonks, Lupin, Moody, and Mr and Mrs. Weasley shrank rapidly but the black dog was bounding alongside the window, wagging its tail. Blurred people on the platform were laughing to see it chasing the train, and then they turned the corner, and they were gone.