Finn's Date

Finn's POV

"Okay," Sage says coming into the kitchen for breakfast. "Today's the big day, your turn to plan the date," she teases. I smile, and nod, "What is the plan," she asks. "There is a bridge in Paris where couples go and put a lock on the bridge and throw the keys over the edge," I explain. Sage nods, as I pull a gold lock out of my pocket with a key. 

Sage picks it up, "This is your date," she asks

Sage picks it up, "This is your date," she asks. "Is it bad," I ask. " "No, I think it is the perfect way to wrap up our trip to Paris," she says. "Then there is a place that teaches you to macaroons," I say. "Oh, I like macaroons," Sage says, I smile glad that she likes what I planned for the day. "Can I add something to today's date," Sage asks. "Sure," I say. "What if we...never mind," Sage says after a moment. "I also was wondering whether we should complete the soulmate bond," I say quickly.  Sage looks up at me, "Well, umm... that's actually what I wanted to add to the itinerary for today," she says. I smile, "So after breakfast we can put this on the bridge and then we can go to the macaroon class," I say. Sage nods and eats her breakfast before getting up and picking up the key. 

I grab the lock and we leave the hotel room, I hold my arm out and she puts her hand in the crook of my elbow. We leave for the bridge and when we get there, I lock the key onto the bridge and Sage throws it over the edge of the bridge with a little flair. I laugh a little at her excitement and hold out my arm for her. I lead her to the place that teaches us how to make macaroons. All afternoon, Sage and I learn to make macaroons. I let her decide what color we can make them, she chooses a dark pink. "Shall we go back to the hotel?" I ask. Sage nods. 

When we got back to the hotel, I look to Sage again. She kisses me first and we make our way to the bedroom. The way I feel after nine hundred years, I have made amends with my siblings and I am with the woman I love. It feels human, it feels like we are in a new version of the tenth century. We finish the bond and I feel like I am complete.