Embrace the Wolf Side

Nik's POV

Rebekah and Elijah left yesterday and I know that they are with the people who will balance them out which makes me think about Caroline. The blonde that caught my eye when I got back to Mystic Falls after my hybrids were dying. The only bad thing about trying to connect completely with Caroline is Kol. He is still here meaning that he won't let anything go, when we were human he had mastered the art of teasing people without Anna finding out. But I am also afraid about hurting her and pushing her away seems easier. 

Walking into the living room, I see Kol studying yet another one of Anna's grimoires. "What are you doing?" I ask. "There is a coven in Australia that believes in Anna's spell, about True Mates," he explains, not looking up. "So," I ask. "We just found out about the true mates spell a couple of weeks ago," he says sighing. "They have been studying the spell for a thousand years," Kol says. "She did not just make our true mates, did she," I ask. Kol shakes his head looking at the grimoire, "I think she created true mates for every supernatural creature," Kol says. "Do you know where Caroline is," I ask. "No," he says. "Maybe she realized what she was getting into and moved," he says looking up teasing me. I glare at him, "Shut up," I mutter. Caroline walks in the front door with several shopping bags. "Now, brother, imagine Caroline, Rebekah and Katherine all going shopping together," Kol mutters.  I sigh, and give him a look, "I think the UNLIMITED credit card would not be entirely pleased if they went shopping together," I mutter. "Caroline," I say looking at her and she turns to me, "How would you like to go on a date," I ask. "You are a thousand years old, and that is the most romantic you get," Kol says. I glare at him, "That sounds fun, but you have to come up with something extravagant," Caroline says walking back out of the room. 

I walk into the guest room that Caroline has been staying in, "I apologize for my brother," I say. She turns to me, "It's fine, I think it's kind of funny," she says. "Don't worry about the date being boring," I say. "I don't think that the date will be boring," she reassures me. "Good, then there is something I need to show you," I say walking back out of the room. I walk back into the room with a box, Caroline looks up. "Ooo," she says, I smirk as I put the box on the bed. I turn to leave the room, "Hey," Caroline calls. I turn back to her quickly, "Yes?" She smiles, "Just so you know, I'm way too smart to be seduced by you," she says. I smile, "Well, that's one of the things I like about you," I reply leaving the room. 

Caroline's POV 

Nik is setting up for our date, there is a knock at the door. "Come in," I say. Anna walks in wearing a silver dress and her long black hair down and curled, "Anna," I greet. "Hello, étoile filante. I was wondering if you needed help getting ready," she asks. I nod knowing I need help, "Nik picked out a dress for you, I see," she says looking at the dress that was hanging up. I nod, "Do you know what date he is planning," I ask Anna hopeful. she nods and smiles, "But I am not telling you anything," she tells me. "I figured you may need something to go with the dress though," she says pulling out a pair of earrings that look like crystals. "Wow," I breathe, "They are beautiful. But I couldn't," I argue. Anna shakes her head. "Here sit, let me do your hair," she says and I sits.