Tenth Century Childhood Trauma

Third Person POV

Annalee is standing with Waylon in her study looking out the window, deep in thought. Waylon is comfortable with the silence as he has his arms wrapped around her waist.

Flashback

Two little girls, one with black hair and the other with blonde hair are sitting together making flower chains. a young boy with dark hair comes up to the two. "What are you two doing," he asks. "Making flower chains, Finn," the girl with dark hair says sassily. "What are you doing, other than being afraid of going hunting because the animals scare you," the blonde adds. "I am not afraid," Finn exclaims. The two girls smirk, "Come on, Mother says we are meeting someone," Finn tells his sisters. Both girls get up and follow him, not knowing that Freya was going to be taken away.

Pregnant Esther takes her three children, Freya, Annalee and Finn to the edge of their village to meet up with Dahlia

Pregnant Esther takes her three children, Freya, Annalee and Finn to the edge of their village to meet up with Dahlia. The woman with dark hair and a strong magical aura arrives demanding that Freya come over to her. Esther protests not realizing how much she could love a child. Annalee and Finn were holding each of Freya's hands tightly not wanting to break apart from their sister. But Dahlia prevailed threatening the rest of Esther's children. Esther pried her other children away from Dahlia and Freya screamed. Esther swore to her sister that she would get back at her for this.

Anna is broken out of the memory by Waylon kissing her cheek, "I have an older sister," Anna whispers. "I didn't know that," Waylon says. "When she was taken away, Finn and I were so young, we believed whatever our mother told us, because we did not understand," Anna whispers. "And now," Waylon asks. "Well, now, I know my sister is alive because I have had a vision of her," Anna says.