What Is This Feeling? (Kurt x Dave)

A/N: This is for MourningMad who wanted to see a Dave x Kurt fanfic. And I think this ship is underrated. 

Kurt was grumbling as he saw the new recruit talking to Dave Panpa. It's been a week since Jacob Rose joined and Dave has been spending time with him, and not with him.

When Dave first joined the team to be a security guard since he got fired from his old job, Kurt thought he was the most annoying person he have ever met. Kurt was not a people person, he's an introvert and hates it when people talk to him when he's not even interested.

Dave was assigned to him and he tried to make friends with him but Kurt shut him down pretty quickly. 

Kurt was known to be the most standoffish security guard Dave have ever encountered, Dave have tried so many times to get to know him but alas, to no avail. Kurt didn't snap at him or anything because he knew Dave was sensitive and he didn't want his boss to write him down again.  

Kurt suddenly felt a dark feeling as he saw Jacob hugging Dave, he grumbled some more as Dave waved goodbye to Jacob. Dave was heading toward him, Kurt quickly dropped the dark mood as Dave was now in front of him.  "Hey, Kurt," Dave said tentatively.

"Hmm," was Kurt's response.

"Uh, Jacob was telling me that the boss wanted to write you up for something that you said to him," Dave explained nervously as he didn't meet Kurt's eyes. 

Oh.

Oh yeah.

He now remembered what he said to Jacob, Kurt was in a grumpy mood that day and snapped at Jacob. The reason why is that Jacob was a little too friendly to Dave and Kurt was angry about it. 

Kurt's face was red with embarrassment and a little bit of annoyance. Dave still wouldn't look him in the eye, Kurt let out a grunt. "For what?" he asked, already knowing the answer to his question.

"You said some mean things to him," Dave responded as he finally looked at Kurt, Kurt saw Dave's expression. 

He was angry at him and Kurt did not like it. 

"Yeah, I did," Kurt said, tone filled with annoyance.  

Dave was getting angrier by the second, usually, he will let Kurt's behavior slide since he was new to being Kurt's partner but this time, he was getting annoyed. Kurt saw Dave was getting angry and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. Kurt has never seen Dave angry before, upset or nervous but not angry. 

"Why are you so mean?!" Dave questioned, hands tightening into fists, "You're so mean to everyone including me!"

Kurt was about to protest but Dave wouldn't let him.

"Every time I see you, you're either in a bad mood, you're annoyed by everyone, or just being a jerk in general," Dave ranted, feeling angrier than ever before, "You treat everyone besides the boss like they're beneath you and it's tiring."

Kurt saw Dave was shaking and he could have sworn he heard Dave sniffling, "Especially me..." Dave continued, voice cracking and hot tears streaming down his face, "Why me! All I did was try to be nice to you and all you did is bash me and don't make an effort to get to know me!"

Kurt suddenly felt guilty, he didn't realize that he was hurting Dave. He knew he was hurting Jacob, Sam, and the other security guards but not Dave. Dave stopped ranting as he silently sobbed, he was shaking, and his fists were clenching. Kurt didn't like the situation he was in right now but there is no use in running away. Dave was staring at him with his red puffy eyes, he crossed his arms and waited for Kurt to respond.