The Ballad of Sven Svensson

A/N: It's been a while since Distrust that I wrote a darkfic.

Warning: blood, gore, and death. PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH ABOUT THIS STUFF. I WARNED YOU.

Sven Svensson has always been in line for leading the Toppat Clan ever since he was chosen to be next in line by Terrence Suave. 

Sven Svensson was found by Terrence Suave when he was a lost boy looking through trash when he was discovered by the aforementioned former leader. 

After Terrence Suave's "death", Reginald Copperbottom and his right-hand man, Arthur Walton, took Sven in and cared for him like he was their son. They taught him everything and made sure he was fed and cared for. They even taught him how to steal and how to get away from the police and the Government. 

When he was old enough, Reginald and RHM began to teach him about being in line for Toppat King. 

Sven was happy that he was in line to be Toppat King but he didn't expect that being a successor would be so much work. He hated doing the paperwork and making sure everything goes right. Unfortunately, he had the unhealthy mindset that he must be perfect. Perfect to be the leader of the Toppat Clan. It didn't help that Reginald and Right taught him to be the best.

He wanted to be the best leader there is. To be better than Reginald Copperbottom.

Sven was with Burt Curtison, the head of communications. Burt and Sven have known each other for a long time. Burt was brought into the clan at the age of 9 when he was discovered by Reginald and Right. He was covered with dirt, scratches, and some weird crimson substance. Reg and Right took him to the doctors and found the blood wasn't his and they tried to ask him about his parents but they didn't get a response from him. He was adopted by the Toppat Clan and trained when he was old enough to be head of communications.

Sven was doing some paperwork while Burt was looking through the monitors on the airship. 

Burt looked at one particular monitor and saw a group of Toppats in a hallway, Burt raised an eyebrow as he zoomed in to see what was going on. He saw many familiar faces but he didn't recognize two Toppats. One of the Toppats was wearing a dark blue top hat that is similar to Sven's and he's wearing a blue suit with a white dress shirt and black tie. His top hat also had an "H' emblem on it. The other toppat was a female with red hair and her suit was lavender and her top hat was also the same color. Her top hat had purple roses on it.

"Hmmm," Burt thought as he took a sip of his coffee, "We have a couple of newbies."

"Hey, Sven, do you know the newbies' names?" Burt asked, still looking at the monitors. He was waiting for an answer but no response. Burt blinked as he looked over at Sven who was still doing paperwork, Sven was concentrating on his paperwork that he didn't hear Burt. 

"Uh... Sven?" Burt said tentatively.

Sven didn't respond.

Burt sighed as he went back to his monitors, he knew Sven can shut the outside world when he was busy with something. Sven blinked as he looked up from his paperwork and he glanced at Burt. "Did you say something, Burt?" Sven asked in his Swedish accent.

"Nope," Burt replied in a bored tone.

"Oh... I thought you did,"

There was silence after their exchange, Burt was still looking at the monitors and Sven resuming his paperwork.

Later, Sven was walking to his room when he heard the voices of Reginald and Right's. Sven stopped for a moment to eavesdrop. He knew he shouldn't but his curiosity got the better of him.