010

➜ "long time no see, baby." your ex boyfriend stood before you, holding his arms out for a hug. you couldn't believe your eyes right now, the last time you'd spoken to him was just over a year ago and now all of a sudden he was at your close friend's after party?

surely this couldn't end well.

"what the hell are you doing here yuji?" you sighed whilst crossing your arms.

"aw don't be like that, aren't you glad to see me?" he chuckled.

"well clearly not."

"ah that's a shame." the blond haired shook his head before leaning against the kitchen counter. "i really missed ya, you know?"

"and you thought showing up to a party to see me would take back everything you did and said?" you snapped.

"come on (y/n), i said i was sorry- plus i didn't know you were coming tonight."

you side eyed him. "yeah, sure."

terushima didn't say anything back, he instead stared you down and took in your appearance. there was no doubt that you looked beautiful and it was evident that yuji was regretting ever breaking up with you because of that matter.

"damn." he rubbed the back of his neck. "you look fucking amazing by the way."

"i know." you retorted.

"teru!" a girl suddenly emerged from the main room, instantly clinging onto yuji's arm. "my ride home cancelled on me." she pouted. "could you maybe-"

"not my problem." he shrugged her off his shoulder. "could you leave? i'm tryna have a conversation with my girl right now."

the girl pulled away and stared at you in disgust before dramatically stomping her foot. "fine, i'll go ask my boyfriend then." she walked away.

"be my guest." yuji rolled his eyes.

"could you stop claiming me as your girl? whatever we had is in the past terushima, what don't you get about the term 'break up'?"

"i know, i know i fucked up.. really." he rubbed his temples. "but i wanted to clear the air between us, things have been awkward and i hate it- i know you said you never wanted to see me again but the last thing i want is you hating my guts for the rest of your life."

too late.

you took a few moments to think to yourself, was it really worth starting over? you didn't have to be friends but it was better than him nagging you 24/7 about wanting to speak to you again, perhaps forgiving him for real this time would be the best move.

you took a deep breath.

"look, this past year hasn't been the easiest and although i'm still not over you completely- things will never be the way they used to and you have to understand that."

yuji beamed to himself. to him, that was good enough and he couldn't wait to start over with you properly. "so what you're saying is you forgive me?" he crouched to your height level and pouted his lips.