Chapter 7

I ran to Atsushi , laying him down in a more comfortable position. Checking if he is uninjured . Thankfully besides a bit of bruising because of the fall he was all fine .
- Dazai ! You knew ??? You knew the he was the weretiger ? You knew it all along !
- No , my love , I figured it when he mentioned the orphanage. Don't you think it's weird for an organisation like that to throw a kid out for financial reasons ?
- Yeah I mean yess . But how did you make the connection?
He couldn't answer , because and angry blond haired man ran inside screaming .
Kunikida, he went on to scold Dazai about how he put everyone on stand by here , and how they all are working overtime , for something he could have handled on his own . The rest of the agency members arrived as well . Kenji , the sweet blond haired boy wearing his jeans overal and a straw hat on his back , ran to the tiger boy and me . He started petting the boy
- There there , my weird tiger friend - he said with a soft smile .
- Dazai you are an idiot - Ranpo stated .
Kunikida was still scolding Dazai . Yosano seemed annoyed as well to be fair . The idiot ignored them .
- Up Atsushi - he yelled
Atsushi finally opened his eyes . The poor baby was so confused .
- Ohhh Atsushi kun you are awake , do you remember anything from when you were transformed? - smiled Dazai .
The boy seemed out of it still , he got up on his knees .
- Huh ? Transformed ?
- But your hand still haven't turned back - Dazai pointed down at the kid .
Atsushi lifted his hand up , well paw up , as it was still a tiger paw . He stared at it in disbelief for a few seconds , then he started screaming and shaking it .
- Honey I don't think you can shake it away - I said softly and held his paw .
- Atsushi Nakajima , from this day forward you are one of us . I welcome you to be a member of the Armed Detective Agency ! - Dazai's tone was serious.
Atsushi deadpanned . While the rest of the agency members started yelling at Dazai .
- I have already decided . - the man stated calmly .
It took a few minutes for everyone to settle down. Atsushi passed out . Kenji kindly carried him back to their dorms , all of the members lived in the same building in little studios . I was the only one that didn't .
In front of the warehouse we parted ways . They were gonna take Atsushi to one of the empty studios for tonight , and let him sleep .
I was going with Ranpo who was headed to the Agency , where the others will be joining us . We had to discuss the events of today .
On the way to the office we didn't talk much , the green eyed boy was munching on some chips , and I was deep in my thoughts .
Dazai isn't as air headed as he acts . He is actually pretty smart , and resourceful. His ability is also pretty amazing . As I understood it's a nullifying ability. He can basically stop someone's ability with a touch of his fingers .
I wonder what powers the others have . Supernatural abilities always amazed me . That's the reason I came to Yokohama to the Agency . Where I'm from there aren't many people with an ability, and me having one made my life pretty hard .
We arrived at the building, went straight upstairs to the office , nobody was here yet . It seemed so nice an peaceful with the quietness . I sat next to Ranpo by my desk , who sat on top of his .
A few seconds later President Fukuzawa walked in .
- I would like to fully and officially welcome you to the Armed Detective Agency Y/N L/N . You have effortlessly passed the test .
- I , huh , I ? What ? The test ? What was the test ?! - I'm so confused , what .
- The test was to determine if you are fit to work here . To see if you are selfless and would help out even people you don't know . Today you jumped in the river to save a new coworker of yours . Fed an orphan , and ran to the warehouse to save two people you just met . Someone like you is perfect for this Agency . I'm looking forward to have you work with us - The President said , in softer tone than the one he usually had . His light grey eyes were warmer as well and a soft smile was visible on his face .
- Thank you sir , I will be doing my best - I stood up straight .
- Ranpo , tomorrow Y/N will be going with you to Tokyo . She will be assisting you in the case .
- The best detective in the world has no need for an assistant - The boy cockily stated .
Woooow dude , the ego , i thought as I sat back down.
- It wasn't a suggestion, my decision is final , Ranpo I expect you to be nice to Y/N . - Fukuzawa said .
- And why ? What do I get out of it ? - the dark haired one sulked .
- If you are nice to her , I will praise you . - The President sighed .
Ranpo's eyes opened wide , they were shiny emerald green , I swear I saw sparkles in them . He gleamed at the older man . And jumped up .
- Yesss , I will be so nice , the best , just praise me , I love praises . I'm the best aren't I ? - he happily screamed .
The meantime I was just staring at scene in front of me . I mean I knew some Agency members due to circumstances were quite young . But Ranpo was a child . A literal child .
- That being said , tomorrow Atsushi Nakajima's test will take place . Once everyone is back , it will be discussed what that test will be . - and with that Fukuzawa resigned back to his office .
A short while later the rest of the members arrived . Along with Naomi , whom I have met the day before when I came in for the interview. She was hanging on to a short light browned haired young boy . He was probably the member that was out yesterday .