Chapter 51

- Good evening to you too . No thanks , I'm going home .
- Get in - he repeated , now louder .
- No , thank you - and I started walking .
Chuuya , literally flew after me , and grabbed onto my arm and stopped me .
- Please , get in .
- As I said , I'm going home . Also why are you here ?
- Dazai told me you are still here .
- That's not what I asked .
- Gosh ! Why are you so difficult? - he started pulling me towards the car - just get in .
- Chuuya , I - but I couldn't finish , the driver had the back door open , and the redhead just pushed me in . Then he sat next to me . The driver closed the door and got into his seat , and drove off .
- Where are you taking me ?
- Home .
- You came here to take me home ?
- No , I came to talk , since you have been avoiding me . - His hair matched up to his face - And with the current war going on , how can you be so reckless ? Walking home at night ? Alone ?
He raised his voice again , this time he sounded genuinely angry, which shocked me . I just stared at him , pressing my lips together, as he went on ranting .
- How can you be so irresponsible? I can't ... hey , why are you crying ?
I didn't even realise the tears that were falling down my face . I tried to turn away from him , but he reached out and softly grabbed my chin , making me face him .
- Don't , I - this is so embarrassing, it's the second time a cry in front of him .
- Just talk to me - he said now with a kinder tone , still holding my chin . I tried to turn again , but he just turned me back .
I was trying to hold back my crying until now , even tho tears have escaped. But at this point I couldn't anymore .
- Stop crying , talk - Chuuya gently wiped off my face .
- It's embarrassing- I mumbled.
- What's ?
- How useless I am .
- Huh ? Who said that ?
- Nobody, but I know everyone thinks that .
- Why would anyone think that ?
- Because it's my fault that Atsushi got taken , and that Kyouka is ...
- How is it your fault ? - The redhead was confused.
- I couldn't do anything, again , I couldn't, I didn't, I didn't do nothing .
- What do you think you should have done ?
- Fight
- Fight Francis Fitzgerald?
- Yes
Chuuya patted my head and smiled . For a second there he seemed so kind , my heart skipped a few beats . Gosh no , it's not the time for this . No , no , no .
I shook my head to shake his hand off . To which he smiled again , but withdrew his hand .
- Y/ N , don't take this as an offence, but you couldn't fight someone like him even if you did your best .
- And see that's the problem. I can't fight . Everyone at the Agency has some combat training, while I can't even fire a gun .
- Why would you wanna fire a gun ?
- I don't want to , that's not the point. The point is , I know what they all think .
- What do they think then ?
- That it's my fault .
- Nobody thinks that . Y/ N , you are a detective, close combat isn't your thing , and it doesn't have to be . Not one person expected you to fight the Guild . And not one person is blaming you for what happened .
- How would you know ?
- I simply don't see the Armed Detective Agency members like that . And because it really isn't your fault . There is nothing you could have done .
- Right - and I turned away from him again . I felt the tears coming out again .
Chuuya reached to me again , grabbed onto my arm and pulled me to him . I buried my face in his chest and just cried , while he was stroking my hair with his free hand . The other that held my arm , made its way to my waist and he just held me like that .
- The Tigerboy is strong , he will be fine - he whispered and kissed the top of my head.
Soon I somewhat calmed down , however I didn't try to get out of the hug . Chuuya just holding me , his scent , the soft strokes he gave me , it brought me some kind of peace . If I could stay in one place forever, this would be it . Unfortunately the moment got interrupted when the car stopped .
- Sir , we have arrived - I heard the drivers voice .
- Right, thank you - The redhead replied .
We let go of one another.
- I'm sorry - I mumbled and reached to open the door on my side . Chuuya held my hand to stop me , opened the door instead on his side and got out . I got out of the car as well .
- I told you to stop apologising all the time - he returned to his angry chihuahua self .
- Right , yes I'm so... Thank you for the ride , and ...
- It's okay .
None of us moved for a few seconds , kind of like we both were waiting for the other to make some kind of move . Chuuya was about to lean towards me , when I heard an annoying voice .
- Step away from her slug - The idiotic Dazai yelled out , a bit too dramatically.
- Ugh , you dirty bastard - Chuuya turned to him .
The two of them got into another heated argument, throwing the weirdest insults at each other .
The meantime I thanked the driver for the ride , and went inside the dorms .
The two men didn't notice that , they went on fighting for another hour.