Chapter 73

When I arrived to the location the first thing I saw was a half passed out Akutagawa. Poor kid seemed beaten , and kind of out of it . Then I saw Dazai , The President and Atsushi.
- Help up Akutagawa, would you ? - The brunette yelled .
- Sure thing - I answered, and I bent over , grabbed the boy's arm , put it around my shoulders and slowly lifted him and myself up .
He was completely unconscious by now .
Just as I was gonna ask Dazai what to do with him , a few members of the Port Maffia arrived , took Akutagawa from me and set him in the back of a van . One of them politely bowed to me , got in the van and drove away .
I finally headed over to the agency members.
Tigerboy was crying , Fukuzawa and Dazai just silently look at him .
- What's going on ? - I asked .
- Kyouka ... - Atsushi sniffled .
- What ?
- Kyouka is ... she ...
- We will explain everything- The President said in a calmer tone .
- Wait - I felt a knot forming in my chest - you don't mean she ...
- Let us explain- Fukuzawa interrupted me .
As I opened my mouth to reply , Atsushi started running, I turned towards him to see what's going on .
A second later the Tigerboy was hugging on someone . Kyouka Izumi .

Fukuzawa and Dazai then told us what happened. Basically, Kyouka was ready to sacrifice herself up on that plane . Which was her test , then right before impact as she was now officially a part of the Agency, she could summon Demon Snow and escape .

Yokohama is saved , and our little member too .
I sighed and hugged both TigerKittyBoy and her .

As we got back to the Agency , everyone was already waiting . They went out of their way to through a little party .
-Y/N , let's drink - Yosano grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards a table that was loaded with booze .
At a point even Ranpo's new friend Poe and his pet raccoon Karl showed up . The little furry animal quickly became the centre of the party . While Poe sat ,pretty sad looking ,in a corner.
- Hey - I sat down next to him , offering him a glass of wine.
He shyly took it and said thank you .
- So you are Poe , I heard about you from Ranpo . It's nice to see him making friends.
- Fr-Friends ? - The man's eyes widened and a slight blush appeared on his cheeks . - He is my rival .
- Ohhhh , Uhm I see - I nodded and smiled .- You write novels right ?
- Uhm - he nodded .
- What kinds? - I tried to make conversation.
- Mystery novels - Poe replied shortly .
I guess he is just super introverted, maybe best I just let him be for now . Sure he will eventually warm up to us .
- Well I hope I get to read one - I smiled and stood up to join Akiko who just dragged Kunikida away .

Our little celebration ended late in the evening, but before midnight. At a point I noticed that Dazai was gone . I found myself wondering for a second where , but knowing him , he is probably out making someone's life more difficult than it should be .
As I walked outside the office building with the other members, a familiar black car was waiting .
A driver stepped out , greeted me and the others and motioned for us to get in . I automatically obliged , by now I kind of got used to Chuuya or a chauffeur picking me up .
- Get in guys - I said as I sat down .
Ranpo hopped right next to me , pushing me softly to the side so the others could follow . Akiko and Naomi didn't tho . They decided to go for drinks in a nearby bar . Once these women start drinking there is no end to it . Kenji , Atsushi and Kyouka got in the backseats behind me and Ranpo, and Junichiro sat next to Ranpo . Kunikida took the passenger seat.
- To the dorms ? - the driver asked looking at me through the mirror .
- Yes please .
The short drive home was nice , we were all hyped about bringing down the Guild , meaning the workload we had will decrease .

Dazai didn't get home until about 2am . I was in bed when he got in , I wasn't sleeping , but I pretended to . I kinda didn't wanna question him , nor really talk to anyone . He probably knew that as well , he quietly changed his clothes and went out to the living room .
Not long after I finally got some shot eye .

The morning when I woke up , Dazai has sat by my bed again , this time with a cup of hot coffee.
- Morning - I mumbled .
- Good morning sunshine- he smiled handing me the coffee .
- What time is it ? - I totally forgot to set an alarm, I even left my phone in my coat .
- A bit before 8.
- Thanks - I nodded and took a sip from the cup .

From the moment I got up , until the end of my shift I couldn't think of anything else than my upcoming date with Chuuya .
I mean it's not like I never been to a date before , but for some reason this one makes me super nervous.
I decided that tonight I will answer him , even tho he said he has no expectations I can't leave him hanging ,
I wasn't sure however how I will do that . Like when is it the right moment to bring it up ? How will I even say what I need to say ? Is my choice even the right one ?
With all these thoughts hanging in my head , I started getting ready .