Chapter 5

- Yes, a weretiger - Kunikida said it like it's obvious.
- Is it like a werewolf , just the person turns into a tiger, not a wolf ? - I asked .
- More or less .- the blond man adjusted his glasses .
- And you really think on my first day here it's a good idea to have me go look for it ?
I was not a bit nervous, I was freaking out ,like yes I understood that I have to only shadow the two agents , but a weretiger sounds like ... like a mission where a rookie has no place at .
But here we were , on the busy streets of Yokohama, I was walking next to Kunikida, Dazai walked behind us , as spacey as one can be .
They were going to investigate by the river , where according to rumours the weretiger was sighted last night . We have been walking around for hours . Kunikida has talked to quite a few witnesses, apparently the weretiger has caused quite a ruckus the past weeks .
As time passed we were walking by the river , and I saw the sun slowly started to set .
- What beautiful sight , right Y/N ? - Dazai exclaimed looking at the river .
It was , the sky was gorgeous, painted orange and pink colours of the shades I have never seen . The water reflecting it back ,made it look so dreamy . It truly was a beautiful sight .
And then bammmmm , I heard water splashing .
Dazai . Jumped . In. The . River .
- join me , my lady , let us drown together- he shouted and with that he let the current take him .
- What ? Dazai !!!! Kunikida , Dazai is trying to drown himself , we gotta get him out - I panicked .
Kunikida ran up to me , looked at the floating Dazai , who was getting further and further away from us .
- Unbelievable, we were right on schedule and he has to go mess around . Always , he always screws everything up - the young man complained . I deadpanned.
- Kunikida, Dazai is trying to kill himself ...
- Yess exactly and we are now off schedule because of him .
I mean yeah I get that , I don't like my routine the be disturbed, but then again, our coworker , his partner is literally committing suicide as we speak .
I started running down the riverside, I gotta save him , that was the only thought I had .
I was following the current , literally running for my life , well Dazai's life to be exact .
Finally I got the sight of him , or like , his legs sticking upwards out of the water .
I took my coat off and jumped .
However just as I did , someone else jumped in as well , I couldn't see clearly who it was , I knew it was not Kunikida, he couldn't catch up to me yet .
The person saved Dazai , took him out of the water . I swam to the shore as well , got out of the river .
I could see now the person that saved my colleague .
A slender built boy , he had unevenly cut silver hair , bangs framing his face . His face ... so beautiful, soft features, fair skin , and his eyes , they were big , pure , and he had heterocromia , his irises were a mix of golden a purple. I have never seen such breathtaking eyes before .
I shook my head .
- Are you okay ? You are all wet , here , cover up - I ran to my coat , grabbed it and covered the strange boy . He was wearing a grey shirt , and grey pants that were clearly too short for him .
Dazai stood up , looked at the boy .
- ugh you interrupted my suicide- he complained .
Me and the boy both stared at him in disbelief.
- Yeah I guess you are right , my plan is to commit a clean suicide that does not inconvenience others . And right I did inconvenience you both .
What the ... is he for real ???
- Whatever , hey boy are you okay ? Aren't you too cold ? - I asked the boy as I helped him get wrapped in my coat . He shook his head .
- Thank you , I'm sorry . - he replied in a soft tone .
Dazai asked his name , which was Atsushi Nakajima .
We also introduced ourselves to the boy , when I heard two big growls , the two man , they were hungry .
- The river took my wallet - stated Dazai . Honestly I think he didn't have one on the first place .
- No problem. Atsushi dear , what would you like to eat , I have my wallet in my coat so it's my treat - I said looking at Atsushi .
- We just let Kunikida pay - that waste of space bandaged brunette totally ignored what I said .
- Oi! Dazai don't be spending my money - Kunikida finally caught up , he was on the other side of the river . Vivid ...
We asked Atsushi what he would like to eat , ignoring the fuming blond .
- I would like some tea on rice - the pretty boy bowed his head down blushing .
The three of us walked up to Kunikida who was still on about how Dazai messed up our schedule, which the idiot ignored .
We got to a small restaurant, I told Kunikida that I will be paying for the food so he can calm down . I felt sorry for that Atsushi kid, it looked like he haven't been eating well for a while , and I don't know , he might be even homeless . Getting a warm meal for him is the minimum, after he saved Dazai .
I think we should have just let him drown to be fair .
So here we were , I had a small bowl of ramen, Kunikida just needed some tea , probably to calm his nerves. Dazai finished his bowl of curry . And the silver haired stranger was on his 6th bowl of tea on rice . Poor kiddo he really was starving .
- Thank you , I haven't eaten in four days - he muttered with his mouth full .
My heart , my heart broke a little for him .
While eating he told us that he grew up in an orphanage, but due to financial reasons they couldn't keep him there anymore so they kicked him out . Sounded sus not gonna lie .
- That's some non profit organisation... - Dazai commented .