Chapter 39

- Thank you , you are such a kind little girl - Mori said with a soft smile, and went on to search for his daughter .
I felt for him , he seemed so worried , but ... if he ever calls me a little girl again , I might end up in prison for murder .
I went to get the waffles , and as I turned to go back to the store to Kyouka , I saw a little blond girl walking around , seeming interested in the sweets at the stand I just stood at .
- Hey , sorry , are you Elise by any chance ? - I asked the child .
- Hm ? - she looked up at me - Did Rintarou send you ?
- I don't know who that is , but your dad is looking for you .
- Hahahahaha , he is so pathetic- she found it funny for some reason .
- Ohm okay , well , would you like something from here ? I told your dad if I happen to see you I keep you around . My name is Y/N , I'm a detective- I showed her my badge from the Agency , so she wouldn't think I'm some kind of kiddisnatcher.- Me and my colleague are over there , just waiting for the police. You should come with me and wait for your father .
- Ugh so he did send you - she sighed - fine , but I want those waffles with Nutella and whipped cream , a chocolate milk shake , and that piece of cake too - she pointed at a huge cake .
- yeah , sure - I got her what she asked . Elise gladly took only the waffle with one hand , the other she held mine with. And I balanced everything else .
We walked back to Kyouka .
- Hey , she got separated from her dad , so she will be here until he circles back here - I smiled at my young coworker and handed her a waffle .
The three of us sat there , eating , Elise and Kyouka were discussing their favourite sweets .
The police arrived not long later , took the manger into custody and we left as well .
- We can just sit here on a bench until your dad is back - I pointed across the street.
- Sure , can you give me cake - the kid muttered.
Suddenly out of the blue , Atsushi , Kenji and the Tanizaki's appeared . When I saying , out of the blue , I mean like magic . They just appeared out of thin air .
- What the ? - I was confused.
- We will tell you on the way - Naomi said while hugging onto Junichiro .
- Hold up - Atsushi ran off to a girl that was sitting on the side . It was that Guild girl from yesterday that came by the office . Lucy , I think that was her name . Canadian girl , long red hair in 2 braids , pretty face with cute freckles covering it . She seemed pretty upset .
The girl yelled something at Atsushi and ran off .
- Elise , my dear , where were you ? - I heard Moria's voice .
- I wanted to scare you - she said cheerfully.
- You are so cruel - the man's face dropped .
- I was with them - Elise pointed at me and Kyouka .
I just smiled at the doctor .
- Thank you - he said . Then he turned to Atsushi.
- Remember young man , no matter the situation, an optimal solution always exists .
- Right , thank you sir, you said you were a doctor ?
- I used to be , now I'm just managing a small organisation. - he said and he walked off with Elise .
Kyouka ran up to TigerKittyBoy and hugged him .
- Hm Kyouka , what's wrong ? - the boy asked confused .
I then realised , I'm still having Elise's cake and milkshake . But she and her dad were already further down the street .
- Guys , I see you all back at the Agency , you should report whatever happened, to The President. The little girl forgot her cake . - and I ran after Mori and Elise .
I got a glance of them turning in a corner . I'm almost caught up .
There they were , standing in an alleyway .
- Wait , the cake and milkshake- I yelled and ran up to them .
Mori and Elise both turned . The little girl's face lit up and took the goods from me . Her father , his demeanour was different from a few minutes ago . I can't explain it , but it sent shivers down my spine .
Then I saw the scene they stood in front of .
In the alleyway , right in front of us , stood the Port Maffia , I noticed the members that raided  the Agency not long ago , and Chuuya . They all stood around a dead body . The bloodiest scene I have ever witnessed .
- I , ohm I - I was gonna pass out .
- Miss Y/N , no need to be scared , this is a Guild assassin , and this is what happens to those that go up against the Port Maffia . - Mori said looking over the body .- I didn't mention it , did I ? I'm the head of this small organisation- he finally looked at me .
I was out of it , what's going on ? The Port Maffia , a dead body . I just wanted to give a little girl her sweets .
- Right , I , I'm just gonna - I wanted to turn but I stumbled . The boss of the maffia grabbed my hand to stop me from falling and turned me away from the alleyway .
I heard a Tsk , from Chuuya . Right it's not ideal to reveal us being friends . Especially not in the current situation.
- Tachihara, would you be kind enough to escort her back to the Armed Detective Agency , careful now , she seems a little startled -Mori said while keeping a hold on my arm.
- Yes sir - and a man grabbed my other arm and pulled me away from the doctor and the whole murder scene .
Once we got to the busier streets he let my arm go , but still walking close to me . I didn't even look at him , just stared in front and my legs moved . I was trying to grasp what I just saw .
- You do really seem out of it ,Agency rat . - The guy said .
- Hmmmhmuhm - was my reply to that .
- No seriously are you okay ? - he held me back by my shoulders and stopped me .
- Hmhmum - I nodded .
- Whatever, here you are - he said as we arrived to the Agency's building .
- Hmhmum - and I walked in , leaving the man named Tachihara outside .
He didn't follow me in .