Chapter 69

I got back to the dorms with Naomi and Akiko , Gin went home as well .
Dazai was still awake , reading a book with a glass of sake set on the coffee table . Lily next to him sleeping .
- Hey - I said to him and I gave a pet to my dog . Then I turned to the bathroom to shower .

- Dazai , can we talk ? - I sat next to him after I finished , and put my pjs on .
- It's late , shouldn't you go sleep ?
- Yeah , no , I wouldn't be able to sleep anyways - I shrugged .
- I see - I put the book down and picked up the sake .- Im all ears , my dear Y/N .
- It's about , ugh ... I don't really know how to say this - I blushed slightly .
- Are you about to confess to me ? - His eyes widened.
- No ! - I automatically punched him .
- Ouch , okay you don't need to use violence.
- It's about Chuuya - I blurted out .
- You had sex with him ?
- No ! - My voice sounded panicked - I didn't. He did kiss me tho .
- I see - Dazai nodded - That's it ?
- Well ... Chuuya confessed .
He spat out the sake he just drank, and stared at me .
- He , that slug , had the guts to do that ? I never thought he could .
- Dazai ! - I punched him again . - I'm not about to start a Chuuya slender .
- Sorry - he laughed - So why are you telling me all this ?
- Since I have been living with you , and have slept with you , I think it's the right thing to do . I haven't said anything about all this to Chuuya , nor I gave him any kind of answer .
- I see , you want to have a clean break up with me before starting with Chuuya .
- No , I don't know . - I sighed - wait , break up with you ?
- Hm - he just looked at me .
- I never considered us to be a couple or anything of that sort .
- You didn't ? - the bandaged maniac seemed a bit taken aback.
- Of course not .
- How come ?
- Because you are ... well you .
- What does that supposed to mean ?
- It means that you are a womaniser . A shameless one at that - I smiled softly .
- I'm not - He laughed .
- You are . I don't resent you for it . But I know that besides occasional sex , there isn't anything more we could have .
- Why ? I never said that's all I want .
- True , but again , I have been around long enough to know men like you .
- Maybe you don't - He picked up his glass to take a sip - Anyways, what is it you want ?
- I'm not sure , I just wanted to be honest .
- What about Chuuya ?
- I don't know .
- What do you know then ?
- Not much to be fair . - I leaned back on the couch , stroking Lily's ears .
- Y/ N - he sat closer to me - Do you want to be with Chuuya ?
- I don't know .
- And me ? - He got closer , reached out and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear .
I softly took his hand and brought it away from my face .
- I don't think so . I don't know . - and I let his hand go .
- Well , figure it out - he said .
- Ugh , Look , Dazai , I don't think , we - I stumbled on my words .
- I put it like this . Consider me as well .
- What ?! No , that's not what I ...
- Well now you have to ! There was a reason you told me about the slug . If you were to just hooking up with me , you had no business telling me . You could have just started dating him and stop with me.
- I just wanted to be correct . To you and him both . I can't even consider dating anyone while hooking up with someone I live and work with . It's not fair .
- Do you not like it with me ?
- What ? That's not it .
- Then , consider dating me too .
- I won't .
- Well you have no choice , I won't just let that slug have you .
- Have me ???
- Yess , I'm not gonna lose to him .
- It's not a competition ! - I jumped up and ran to my room , slamming the door behind me .

I couldn't fall asleep, I was even more confused than before . And I was furious. How could Dazai say some shit like that ? Have me ? I'm not some object . It's not some stupid game . I should not have told him anything. Our whole conversation didn't make any sense .

In the morning , Dazai was still up , now switched to drinking coffee . I simply ignored him and took Lily out for a walk .
When I got back , that psycho suicide machine has left . With a note on the kitchen counter stating he has some stuff to take care of for the Agency, and that he might be late home .
I got ready and went down to Ranpo to ask if he wants to go work together.
- Y/N ! - He opened the door , all dressed and ready to go .
- Hey honey - I hugged him - you knew I was coming ?
- Yess of course , you have a lot to tell me don't you ? - he kissed my cheek and got out of the hug .
As we stepped outside , I almost bumped into something . Or someone .
- I'm sorry - I apologised and then I looked up - Chuuya ?
- Good morning , watch where you walk - He hit the top of my head - Get in .
- Why are you here ? - I asked , ignoring him opening the door on the passenger seat for me to get in .
- Hm ? Taking you to work- He shrugged .
- I'm going with Ranpo - I looked behind me to my colleague.
Who already opened the back door and hopped in the black car's backseat . Chuuya just looked at him , slight annoyance showing on his face , then looked back at me motioning to just get in .
- Y/N , Mr. Fancy hat is telling you to get in . Let's go I wanna get some patisseries before work . - Ranpo screamed . I just got in , Chuuya walked around to the drivers side , and drove off .
- I don't remember asking you to come with - the redhead looked in the mirror to meet Ranpo's eyes . The detective just laughed.