Chapter 72

After getting ready I went to walk my dog and sent a message to the President. I wanted to talk to him about something. I'm not one to discuss personal matters with my boss , but with the situation between the maffia and the agency , I feel like I should talk to him . He replied, telling me to see him at his office when I get to work .

Ranpo made a new friend yesterday, Poe , so today he is with him , getting some sweets before work . Which means , Chuuya was happy driving only me to the Agency today . He was kind of flustered this morning, he was waiting on the corner , opened the door for me , however he avoided my gaze .
- Chuuya , is there something wrong ? - I turned to him when he was driving .
- No , I ... WHY WOULD THERE BE ANYTHING WRONG ?
- WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME ?
- I'm sorry , I ... just ... sorry for raising my voice - His face turned red .
I just nodded , I wasn't mad at him yelling , I know he gets easily flustered and doesn't know how to deal with that .
- After work I can't pick you up today I'm sorry - He said now calmly as he pulled up the the building on the corner, where I worked .
- That's fine , you don't have to go out of your way all the time just to drive me around anyways .
- I do it because I want to , plus , I want to make sure you are safe .
- I'm a member of the Armed Detective Agency, I can keep myself safe - I smiled at him .
He hit my head .
- I know that , idiot . But I wanna contribute to your safety.
- Start by not hitting me .
- Anyways, my driver will be waiting in the evening.
- What ?
- What? I can't come myself , I have work .
- But ...
- No - and he pushed me slightly from the back towards the entrance of the building - I see you tomorrow, we have a date .
- I didn't forget - I waved as I walked in .

- Come in - I heard Fukuzawa behind the door , after I knocked .
- Good morning President- I greeted politely
- Good morning , please sit .
I sat down across him , I wasn't sure where to start to be honest , I kept my gaze on my fidgeting fingers .
- What did you want to talk about ?- He raised an eyebrow.
- Today is the day where Atsushi will infiltrate the Moby Dick right ?
- Don't tell me you wanna go with him ...
- No , that's not it - I went in defensive mode - I was just wondering, after we dealt with the Guild , what is the relationship between the Maffia and us ?
- Hmm... I suppose we will be staying in friendly terms .
- I see . I ... President, see , I ...
- Is this about executive Nakahara?
My eyes widened and my face flushed .
- Kind of . Well kind of about Dazai too .
- Hmmmm , are you asking me which one is the lesser evil ? - He smiled slightly.
- Well , yes and no . See President, it's kind of out in the open how Dazai treats me . Tho we aren't romantically involved. Executive Nakahara on the other hand ... well we aren't involved yet .
- Y/N , if you want to give a chance to him , you should .
- And him being in the maffia ?
- I don't see how it would effect your dating . Or do you feel like your loyalty towards the agency would be questioned?
I didn't answer , just nodded . I haven't said it out loud but I think that's my main concern.
- So you have some kind of feelings for Nakahara?
- I don't know . I think I just didn't want to start anything behind the agency's back .
- Well you are an adult , and I know you as someone who is responsible. So I don't think it could be an issue . If you need some sort of approval from me , you have it . As long as your romantic doesn't interfere with your work here , you should give it a chance . However, you will still be living with Dazai , and that part is something you have to figure out .
- Understand, I'm sorry to have bother you with personal issues .
- No need to be . Given the situation with the maffia it's understandable and appreciated that you came to me . And Y/N , you can always come to me .
- Thank You Sir .- I stood up , slightly bowed my head and left his office .

After work , a black car was waiting for me on the corner . The driver got out to open the door for me as he greeted me . I still found it unnecessary for Chuuya to be having to drive me everywhere.

Thankfully I was alone for the evening at home . Dazai and Ranpo are making plans regarding the Guild . To my surprise it looks like they will be sending Atsushi back to the Moby Dick . Dazai told me that I might need to help out after the battle . What , where and how , he didn't disclose. He just said he will give me a call when I'm needed .
I was quite relieved to be honest . After Ranpo got back to the office from hanging with Poe , him and the bandaged up maniac got to brainstorming , so the idiot had no time to harass me .

I went about my early evening as usual , kind of waiting for the call , I'm super worried for Atsushi. I know he is a capable boy , but I'm afraid what will happen .
Not to mention , Kyouka , her situation with being arrested . According to Dazai that issue will be resolved by tonight as well . Resolved how ? That's the one thing he didn't explain.

When the Sun started to set , I got a call . From Dazai . He told me to meet up with him and the President by the riverside, I will see something interesting.
I genuinely hope it's not half of the city destroyed, or worse , a dead Atsushi.