Chapter 34

Working at the Agency was practically an office job . However, it wasn't your typical office job . We were a messy bunch . Next to the weirdest crimes we had to solve , the members were all very special individuals.
Every day at the office was just a lovely chaos .
Today was no different.
- I just don't understand why we have to be roommates- Atsushi complained.
- You brought her here , she is your responsibility- Kunikida scolded him .
Dazai saw the opportunity to mess with Tigerbaby .
- See , Kyouka is all alone , the maffia is out to get her . She has nowhere to go . It's on you, Atsushi, you need to be a man and take care of her . - he told the boy with a devious smile .
Oh God , babyboy please don't fall for it , he is just messing with you .
- Yess , right , I have to do my best to provide for her and keep her safe - Yup , Atsushi fell for it .
- Dazai ! Stop messing with him , and start writing your report .- Kunikida punched the brunette.
Dazai sat down , took out some files , and put them in front of Atsushi.
- Here , write these reports for me .
My blond coworker and I , both, punched Dazai .
- Don't slack off - I yelled
- Don't throw your work on him - Kunikida.
- Why do I have to do this ? - Atsushi cried out .
- Ohhh , see it is about you , and about the organisation that put the price on you .
- What organisation?
- It's called the Guild , an American group of gifted individuals. They pull strings in economics and politics. They are living in the shadows and are invincible.
- I thought the Guild was just and urban legend- Kunikida gasped .
A very panicked Junichiro ran in .
- Guys , guys , guys . Come see this . - he screamed .
We looked out the window, a literal helicopter landed in the middle of the street .
- What in the Jesus Christ is going on ? - my mouth fell open .
- Looks like they beat us to it - Dazai mumbled.
- Wait , you mean , it's them ? The Guild ? - I looked at him .
- Yup - he nodded .
- What do they want here ? - Kunikida and me asked .
- I can only think of one thing - Ranpo butted in and came to hug me from behind . He was probably eating his snacks in his locker .
I turned to give his cheek a soft kiss .
- Ah you are here honey - I said - what is it ?
- What do you think ? - Dazai asked .
- Hmmmm ... ohhh , the Gifted Business Permit ? They try to bargain with the President? - Junichiro wondered .
Right , for an organisation like them , getting one the normal way , would be nearly impossible. Having a license to run a gifted organisation, could give them a free ticket to do as they please more openly .
We were right . The leader of the Guild and a few members came to see Fukuzawa, indeed try to buy the permit . Which obviously he refused . There wasn't much of a discussion, the members of the organisation simply left , Kenji saw them out , and we all went back to work .
- I have a bad feeling , not gonna lie . - I muttered some time later to Ranpo , who was sitting next to my laptop on my desk , reading the paper .
- Right - that's all he replied .
Dazai stood up from his desk , and came behind me , and placed his chin on my left shoulder .
- Your feeling is right , the worst is just starting - he said .
- They left too easy - The Tanizaki brother joined in and pulled an empty chair to sit on my right side .
Atsushi and Kunikida looked up from their laptops . Both nodding .
- We must be cautious- the blond man adjusted his glasses .
Naomi came in , gave a kiss on the top of my head and sat down in her bothers lap .
- I think they are up to something. That Fitzgerald guy ... ugh he is so arrogant. He thinks he can just buy us with money - she complained and cuddled up to Junichiro.
- President Fukuzawa would never sell the Agency - I said .
- True - Ranpo looked up from the newspaper.
- Dazai , you sweet psychopath, your head is heavy - I softly pulled the man's head up .
- But you are comfortable.- he whined .
- Sit back down and work , don't slack off - I turned back to my laptop .
- Sure Mrs Kunikida- the brunette laughed as he sat by his desk .
- You and Kunikida are really similar - Junichiro.
- Hmmm , maybe we are . - I replied , then I turned to the blond - Kunikida, when is your birthday?
- 30th August- he said .
- That explains it . Mine too . We are both Virgos, so it's natural we have the same characteristics. We both are idealistic, love routines , live by following the rules and tend to be uptight .
- You can tell that only by someone's birthday? - Atsushi was amazed .
- Yess , I can tell a lot , I use this mostly when I'm dating . I know with who I go well with and who I won't .
- That's interesting, based on this , who could be a good couple in here ? - Naomi asked .
- Hm , can you get me everyone's birthdays ?
- Of course , a second , I just email it .
She took out her phone and a second later I got an email notification on my laptop .
Okay let's see .
Naomi is an Aries , Junichiro a Leo , Akiko a Sagittarius, Dazai is a Gemini , Atsushi is a Taurus , Ranpo a Libra , Kunikida a Virgo , me too, so is Kenji , Kyouka a Scorpio , Fukuzawa a Capricorn.
- Okay so couples that would work for Kenji , Kunikida and me , are The President and Atsushi. -
They went wild , literally choking on their laughters . Just the thought of Kunikida and Fukuzawa, hilarious.
- Wait wait . Dazai and Ranpo , or Dazai and Junichiro would be a nice match too - I was choking .
- No , not my dear brother - Naomi cried .
- Naomi , you and Junichiro - ugh it's just wrong to say it - or Yosano - I added .
- Hmmmm ... I wouldn't refuse - She laughed .
- Kyouka and Atsushi , but we don't do that .
- No we won't - Tigerboy smiled .
- But Kyouka and Kenji could - I said .
- That would be adorable- The Tanizaki siblings sighed .
We had some fun playing around with the zodiac pairings , until lunch break .