Chapter 21

- Harass him? - I questioned Chuuya
- Tsk , that was the plan . Anyways Dazai , the files on the Jinko are in the Correspondence Archives on the second floor .
So Dazai let himself be captured to get info on Atsushi. I see ...
Chuuya turned around facing me , and made his way towards the door, passing by me . He shot me an angry look .
- I hope one of your attempts will succeed and you die ! - he yelled .
- No no , I changed , my goal now is commit suicide with a beautiful woman .
- Ugh. When I see one that's willing I will send her your way .
- Chuuuuuuya , you would really do that for me ? - Dazai's eyes were gleaming .
- Idiot .
As Chuuya walked passed me , just when he was about to leave the room , The Scheming Bastard stopped him .
- Chuuuya Slug , aren't you forgetting something?
What I saw then was the most horrific sight I ever witnessed. The short redhead brought his knees in closer , making him look like a shy girl . He brought his left gloved hand in front of his face , the right one pointed at Dazai .
- You won't have your way with me again ! - He moaned in a high pitched tone .
I deadpanned. What in the Jesus Christ is happening? Dazai seemed unimpressed, while I didn't know if I should laugh or cry at the second hand embarrassment.
- Again ... - Chuuya mumbled still in a girly tone .
- Mackerel, you were supposed to laugh . Tsk . - and with that he ran out .
At this point i had the feeling that it was the Port Maffia that needed saving from Dazai and not the other way around .
- Come , we gotta go . Thanks for coming , now it will seem like you helped me get away , so the slug won't get in trouble . - The brunette grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door .
He dragged me up to the second floor , not letting my hand go . We stepped in a dark room , with a computer and a bunch of files that were laying on the shelves unorganised.
- Now , I'm just gonna quick check something. Be a good girl and stay put okay - he let my hand go and went to the computer.
- Right , it's about Atsushi ?
- Yup - he mumbled while going typing something in , he didn't look up from the screen - I want to know who placed that bounty on his head .
I said nothing , just stood there . A few minutes later Dazai's voice broke the silence.
- The Guild huh ? I see . - he said and turned off the computer. He came up to me , grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the exit .
- Let's go , I have been here for days , I'm hungry , and I could use a drink .
We got out of the HQ without any difficulties . Right , he was a member after all , of course he knows his way around the building .
Once on the street , I took out my phone to inform the President that Dazai is with me , we both made it out save and sound . But the low life waste of space took it out of my hand before I could even look at the screen.
- We are going to tell them that we got away from the Port Maffia tomorrow- he said smiling .
- No I'm telling now .
- No you will tell tomorrow evening , that we got away tomorrow afternoon.
- Dazai , what is wrong with you ? Like in general?
- You are so caring my dear Y/ N .
- No I mean why are you such a good for nothing?
- Ahhhh your words pierce through my heart like a sword . - He sighed .
He still had a grip on my wrist , so all I could do was to follow him .
Wait , we are going to my home ? As it seemed by the direction he took , yes .
We were in front of my building in about 20 minutes . The whole time Dazai was singing , way too cheerfully.
- Hurry Y/N love , open the door , it's getting cold , and I'm starving .
- Huh ?
- You are going to cook for me .- he said with a smile .
- What ? How did you get this idea ? Why are we in front of my house anyways ? You need to get back to the Agency .
- Tomorrow after work hours .
- Now !
- No . - then he took my keys out of his pocket .
Wait what ? He took MY keys out of HIS pocket?!
- What ? When ? - I reached in my coat and indeed my keys weren't there .
He opened the door , and walked up the stairs like it's normal . I went after him .
- Dazai ? When did you steal my keys ?
- Huh ? Oh this ? Yeah you need to more cautious- he said and opened my apartment door .
A wild Lily ran up to us , happily greeting Dazai and me.
- You have a dog ? - the man asked with a flat face .
- And 5 rats - I bent down to pet Lily - hey there baby , did you miss me ? Come , you must be hungry . - I walked to the kitchen , took her bowl and filled it with dry food .
- Here you go - I set it down in front of the happy puppy. Who then attacked the food like there is no tomorrow.
Dazai was already in my living room , manspreading on my couch .
- Y/N I'm hungry too you know .
- Then starve . Also , why are you in my home again ?
- To eat and to spend time with a beautiful woman , duh .
- I didn't invite you .
- I know , I invited myself .
- I won't cook for you , leave .
- Y/N , my love ...
- No . Get out .
- Y/ N I was kidnapped and tortured by the Port Maffia for days on end . The minimum you can do for me is letting me stay .
- A day , one day . And I'm sure it was the Maffia that got tortured by you . But fine , stay , I won't be cooking tho .
- That's fine - he took out his phone- I just order , what do you want to eat ? It's your treat .
My treat? Can he just starve ? Ugh ...
We ordered some sushi , I finally took my coat off , asked Dazai for his so I could hang them up . Then sat down on the couch , as far from his as it was possible.