Chapter 50

The things I ordered last night arrived around noon .
While Naomi was chatting and playing with my rats , I got to work .
First I took everything out of the built in closet and put my tatami mat in there . I saw it at Atsushi and Kyouka like that . The clothes I hung neatly up on the racks . Dazai didn't have much stuff , he had a few closed boxes which I put on shelves . I didn't look in them , they probably has some private stuff in them .
I was about done when Naomi left . She had to start making dinner for her and Junichiro .
The bedroom looked cute . I used the shelves to serve as some sort of parting . So Dazai has his side of the bedroom and I have mine .
I put the rats in the living room , and got to rearrange the living room . It wasn't going to be as drastic as the bedroom .
In the middle of it Dazai got home .
- Y/n , what's going on ?
- Ohh hey , nothing I just ... I'm busy .
- I can see that .
He just went to the kitchen and poured himself sake .
When I finished the living room I showed the brunette the bedroom .
- So , what you think ? - I asked
- You bought furniture?
- Just some shelves .
- Why is your mat in the closet ?
- Isn't it cool ? I saw Atsushi and Kyo... anyways you must be hungry , I'm gonna make something.
- There are leftovers from yesterday. Y/N ... you were supposed stay home to rest .
- Yes yes , I'm gonna make something to eat quick than I clean out the kitchen - I turned and walked out of the room , completely ignoring what Dazai said . I must keep doing something, I can't just sit and relax and chill .
I started cutting up some onions , but I cut my own finger in the process. It wasn't a big cut , didn't even hurt , somehow still , when I saw the blood I freaked .
- Damn , I can't even cut onions without messing up - I cried out .
My bandaged roommate looked at me confused from the living room . He stood up , came to me and tried to take the knife away from me .
- Okay doll that's enough , come let's clean the cut - and he softly pulled me away .
- No it's okay , I'm sorry
- NO ! You gonna come , sit down .
I was about to say something back but instead just followed .
We were sitting on the couch , he told me not to worry that much about Atsushi, he is gonna be back soon . However The Agency currently is not planning a rescue mission . We are going to prepare for the upcoming Guild attacks . See , they did get their hands on Q and his doll . Currently nobody knows what their plan is , so we all need to prepare for the worst .

I was deep in my thoughts , Dazai's yelling kinda got me out of them .
- I didn't do anything to her , ugly slug !
- Then why isn't she answering??
- Maybe she finally see you for the bastard you are ?!
Huh ??? What ?? Wait ... Chuuya ?
Dazai was on a call , with Chuuya .
- Ohm , what's going on ? - I asked
- Here , I don't want to waste breath on shorty today . - and the bandaged idiot handed me his phone .
- You dirty mackerel, I swear I will kill you - I heard the redhead screaming on the other side of the line .
- Chuuya - I started , but he interrupted.
- I should have killed you ages ago you nasty ... ohh Y/N . - his tone got soft , but only for a second - WHY CANT YOU ANSWER ?!ALMOST THREE DAYS I TRY TO REACH YOU !
- Chuuya , can you not yell ?
- Yeah sorry , so , what's going on ?
- Nothing . We are in a middle of a war , other than that all good .
- Look Y/N I heard about your friend , I think -
- I gotta go now Chuuya bye - I hung up . I didn't really feel like talking about Atsushi missing , or of what a failure I was . I handed Dazai his phone , and just cuddled up to my dog .

That night I couldn't sleep either . And I tried . The moment I closed my eyes , I saw all kind of images in my head , mostly about Atsushi. I really hope Dazai was right and he will make it out safe and sound .
The next day brought me some hope , I could go work , meaning I didn't have to be alone with my thoughts . Plus I could distract myself with the ton of paperwork we are having .
And the day lived up to my hopes . The Agency was incredibly busy , next to the Guild , we still had our jobs as detectives . I spend most of the day filling out some forms , and correcting Kenji's reports . When I finished with his , I took Ranpo's files , well files ... more like little papers he wrote notes down sometimes , and tried to turn them into actual reports .
- Y/N , I'm heading out now , so should you - Kunikida was putting his coat on , ready to leave . The rest of our colleagues have already left .
- I'm gonna finish things up in a bit , then I leave .- I didn't even look up from the laptop .
- I can wait , you shouldn't be walking around alone at night .
- Kunikida, it's 7 in the evening, not night . Just go , I will see you tomorrow.
- Sure , good night.
It was around nine ish when I finished . Nothing I did was urgent , definitely not urgent enough for me to stay so late , I just didn't wanna go home . I felt like , that like this at least I'm doing something.

When I stepped outside , I saw a familiar black car in front of the building . While I was hoping it's just a similar one , not the one that belongs to a certain short tempered redhead . Chuuya got out of the backseat .
- Get in - he said , almost barking at me .