Chapter 19

Most of us at the Agency were busy with loads of work . Filing the reports about the attacks of the Port Maffia , plus an escort job was coming up . It was for some politician or so , I honestly didn't pay much attention.
- DAZAI !!! GUUYS !! DAZAI ! - a panicked Atsushi ran in .
- What did he do this time? - I sighed .
- DAZAI IS MISSING , HE DIDNT COME TO WORK THIS MORNING - Babytiger was still screaming .- I WENT BY HIS DORM HE WASNT THERE EITHER .
- Maybe one of his suicide attempts finally worked - Kunikida stated without any interest.
- Or he is passed out drunk somewhere - Ranpo
- I say he is with some woman - Kenji added . Kenji ???! My sweet innocent baby ? How do even know about these stuff ?
- No guys he is missing , what if he got kidnapped ? - Atsushi still freaking out .
- If he is kidnapped , he will be returned soon don't worry , no one would wanna keep him - I said kindly .
- Don't worry Atsushi , that's man's ability to avoid death is exceptional- Kunikida told the boy .
- Right , he is still alive even after all those suicide attempts - Ranpo said - You should save your energy for the real danger , like the one that will happen in ten seconds .
- What ? Ten seconds? - Tigerboy turned towards the door .
The same moment the greatest detective grabbed me and pushed me down under my desk .
- Sssssh - he put his pointer finger on my lips .
I stayed quiet . I heard Yosano walk in , Atsushi wasn't fast enough to hide , so the woman dragged him shopping with her .
After they left we all got out from our hiding spots .
- That was a close one - Junichiro exhaled
- right , Thanks Ranpo - and gave the man a small short hug , which he to my surprise reciprocated .
- Of course Y/N , anytime . - He smiled .
We all got back to work in peace .
A few hours later , Yosano and Atsushi got back with a young unconscious girl . Apparently she was a Port Maffia assassin , she has killed 35 people in only 6 months , and the kid was only 14 .
The doctrine took her the infirmary to treat her injuries.
Atsushi seemed out of it .
- Hey sweetie - I sat next to him on Dazai's desk . - are you okay ? Do you want to talk ?
- No , it's fine , it's just , she is only fourteen .
- I know , I know . But hun , it's the Maffia we are dealing with .
- It's just , it's all because of me !
- What ? No ! How ? The Port Maffia is a bunch of ruthless ,dirty criminals ,that see no morals .Whatever they do ,is not on you .
- But it's me they are after !
- That still isn't your fault , you didn't personally ask any of them to come after you , or to raid the office , or what happened today on the subway while you guys were out . None of it is your fault , you didn't want any of this to happen .
- No of course not .
- Exactly! Think about what you can do now ? What can you , or rather we do to stop the Port Maffia ? - now that's actually a question I knew no answer to . I just wanted to cheer this kid up a bit .
Once the Maffia girl woke up , Kunikida and Atsushi went to question her .
Dazai still didn't show up . I remembered he texted me last night. And he said : see you tomorrow. Probably he went out to drink and he is hungover somewhere in a ditch . Tho it's almost 4 in the afternoon. Sus .
I tried to call him . His phone was off . Hm , okay great , now I'm getting a bit worried .
By the end of my workday I still heard nothing from the maniac.
Kunikida came back , Atsushi stayed out , he took the maffia girl to the military police. Wait what ? She will be ... she will be executed. With a kill count of 35 , working under the Port Maffia , she sure will be .
- What the fuck ? Kunikida? - I yelled out .
- There is nothing else we can do Y/N .
Ugh cruel , true but cruel. I hope TigerKittyBoy will handle it well .
I put my coat on , but instead of heading out , I went to the President's office . I knocked on the door .
- Come in - his strict voice answered .
- Good afternoon ,President.
- Y/N ! What brings you in ?
- Dazai .
- What did he do this time ? - Fukuzawa rolled his eyes .
- I think the Maffia kidnapped him
- I see , what makes you think that ?
- I know he was a member, now that he is with us , I assume the Maffia sees him as a traitor . After encountering Akutagawa they knew where to find him and they got him .
- Hmmm , are you sure that's what happened? It's Dazai after all .
- No I'm not sure, President Fukuzawa. But . But . I have this hunch .
- A hunch you say ?
- Yess , something isn't right , I can feel it .
- I see . So what do you want to do ?
- Save him .
- From the Port Maffia ?
- Yes .
- How ?
- I don't know . I go and get him back .
- You go ? Alone ?
- If I have to , yes .
- Alright , where is it that you are going?
- To the Port Maffia !
- Y/N , be rational . First off , you can't just type in Google : Port Maffia and get an address - Fuck , he was right , I didn't think about that - Second , even if you find their HQ . You don't know where he is being kept . You won't even make it pass the first floor security.
- I could , with my ability I could .
- No .
- President!
- Y/ N .
- I'm going !
- I can't give you permission to go .
- Can you forbid me ?
- No . And i won't . But I can't let you go .
- I don't care .
Fukuzawa finally gave in . He even knew where the HQ was .
Dazai was probably held in one of the underground chambers .
All righttttt , Let's go save the psychopath.
- Y/N . Tell no one about this . And get back alive !
- Understood ! - And with that I left .