LA| Chapter VI: Rebellion

I emailed my school and my teachers that I need to transfer online. My reason is that I am still having health problems that are crushing me mentally and physically. Some of them weren't so happy while others were understandable. My dad provided a doctor's note to prove that I couldn't be in school anymore. He explained to the doctor what was going on and what happened to the hospital. I had to relax and cover my wings with a blanket and pretend to look very ill. This is the only bold move I saw him do in my whole life so far. It would've been bolder if he forged a doctor's note. Teachers are a bit frustrated that I missed so many days that it's enough to hold me back for another year. I did turn in my missing work from the time I was in the coma and am still working on it after another coma. My dad also informed the school, telling them after the fire accident, I kept on having comatose episodes, which some are painful. They also leave me exhausted as well. They have me in their prayers now.

Since it's close to summer break, I will start online learning next year. My teachers told me not to worry about my missed assignments; they will grade what they have before I enter the two-month-long sleep. It's May of 2052. This madness started around January.

My early break hasn't been going well thus far. My dad is barely even home again. Where the hell is he at? He never tells me where he is going. He only tells me goodbye. I am not allowed to leave the house because of my wings. The only things I can do are cook, go online, or practice my abilities- Too many to count. As for my wings, I can fly low and slow before I bump my head onto the ceiling or smash myself into a wall.

I got the hang of my abilities in the Omniscal. It feels like the plane merged into this one. If I want to manifest things without being noticed, then I have to go there. I only use it if the target is quite far. Today, my lucky person is Blathnaid because she is more open to magic. God, I miss her.

I teleport to her when she is alone. Just go into the Omniscal and zing! Since her door doesn't have a lock, I put an invisible one, followed by a sound barrier in case she screams.

My vision flashes white while I manifest myself in front of her doorway within seconds. "Hello, Blath!" I greet cheerfully after not meeting up for so long.

She immediately winces at me, along with "Oh God" while she backs up. She loses balance as she stumbles backward. I catch her with my telekinesis to prevent her from hurting her spine by crashing onto her desk's chair. I help her bring her back onto her feet too.

"Nao, what the hell?" She asks out of pure shock, "How did you do that?"

"Can you promise me not to tell anybody?"

"I will. I am used to seeing weird things from my relatives," she shrugs, "Wasn't expecting it from you though."

"Wait, what?"

"I am not the only Wiccan or Pagan in my family tree," she explains. She is still gasping, but not as sharp. "Tell me where have you been?"

"It all started when a ghost flew into your window. He warned me of my uncle returning and my family has a history with inhumane magic and occult stuff. My uncle used that magic to turn himself into a demon and get revenge on those who caused his suffering. He was the one who hurt my mom. The same ghost who suggested that to my uncle urged me to become like him to fix his mistakes. My uncle attacked my mom and I whilst sending my house ablaze. He put me into a coma by smashing me through the wall and into the outside world. Unfortunately, I was in the same library and the same ghost ordered me to do some magic, thus I did. Now, you see me out of school from transformation agony with profound abilities," I explain all in one breath. My tone sounds strained.

Blath has this blank look on her face, trying to process it all. She sighs heavily and opines, "No offence, but your family is dysfunctional."

"I know," I admit, "My mom's side got abused, manipulated, and neglected. I don't know what my father's side is like."