WG| Chapter XXXIII: Pond of Valour

Blathnaid

Day 145

Lady Ourdera approves my progress like Bracus did. Still, both of us are left beaten, battered, and bruised. Her giant thorns pierced me several times during our last battle that took place minutes ago. Her thorns emerged while in battle. She decided not to spare me the pain. There are deep gashes that dyed my armour in crimson. My wrap dress turns into a spitting image of tunic armour like the Celtics. The only thing that she spared me from was the poisonous drip from the thorns themselves. She turned it off. They are lethal to mortals and they are enervating to the Gods themselves.

She orders me not to heal my wounds and tells me to follow her deep in the hearts of the palace. The heart of her palace is not the throne room or her own chamber; the heart of the palace is a secret place that the guards don't stand beside. Ourdera only knows of its existence. There is a dome room that appears like a forest biome inside. At the end of the room, there is a lake with a waterfall. She enters it. The waterfall glows blue as she walks right through it. I do the same. It goes to a cave with no torches or glowing crystals to guide the way. Our eyes adjusting to the dark is the only way. The plants are dark green ferns. I hear water drops echoing throughout the cave.

We get to a passageway, which is blocked by vines. Ourdera gently sways them aside as she passes right through. When I pass through, I see a pond with a minty tint to it. I hear mysterious harmonious bells around me, despite none of them being in sight. The water is in a circular motion in the pond like a whirlpool. Ourdera goes in with no problems. She turns around and looks at me, asking me to join her.

I go into the pond. It is lukewarm with a glaze texture. I inhale sharply as the water hits my wounds. It goes away in a few moments. The blood and the gashes go away in an instant.

"What is this place?" I ask her.

"My favourite one. We are under Evanity too. I kept this place a secret because it reminds me of my home."

"Home? Isn't there any empire where you own your home?" I ask in confusion.

She relaxes deeper into the pond; her neck and head above the water. "Not exactly. My birthplace is my home."

Ourdera's parents lived in an Azel, an Omnipotent Civilization, a place where Gods lived and were ruled by Gods. King Quan allowed mortals to live, but they must be Advanced Mortals. Her mother, Felicity, is an Advanced Mortal. Her father, Vestine, is a Lesser God. Ourdera gets deeper into the class system of the Cosmic Order; relationships are permitted between ranks. Gods should not teach them the Cosmic Order. A Lesser God can only create immortals at best, but not another God. They married and had four children: Yln, Eruko, Zask, and Ourdera. Their bloodline goes against the beliefs that the Gods have. mOurdera is the youngest of her three older siblings. The Gods that can see the timeline are able to see the biggest future of all the four children. Lesser God Yln became a Cosmic Order Council in this universe. Lesser God Eruko became a ruler of ten Type A God Civilizations. Ourdera confirmed that he was sometimes busier than Yln. Advanced Mortal Zask fostered a Mortal Civilization for the Advanced and Blessed Mortals. It's more advanced than Evanity.

Before Ourdera's birth, Gods within the Azel sense high levels of energy radiating from Felicity. It was not coming from her, but rather from her daughter in the womb. Vestine wanted to have their children born somewhere special; it was in an oasis in a cave. It was quiet and peaceful. The sounds of the chimes decorated around the cave, along with the water streaming helped soothe her while in labour.

"My birth defies the whole universe; I am a Universal God born from an Advanced Mortal and Lesser God. The only occurrence," she tells me.

I go with my head sticking out of the pond, "Universal Gods are extremely rare."