WG| Chapter XXII: Fun Protests

Naomi

Day 91

I didn't hear from the union for a while until I was able to pry into another conversation at the palace. These people are so daring that they pass it on in Netedinark's lair. The meeting is at the same time as last time when the blackhole is at its highest peak in the sky.

Ilit spread the word on how I 'defeated' Ivelisse, one of the newcomers from an outer world. She told a Maketa. That Maketa started to share it within the ranks. Thus far, Netedinark has never done any action to figure out who did it and what he will do. I pray not.

I attend the union. Aephris and the other Teketa argue what to do as their first step.

Don't they remember from last time?

I clear my throat obnoxiously, trying to get their attention. Complete Fail. I clear it again, but this time louder. Fail again. I am starting to feel royally pissed off here.

"Silence!" I boom. Everyone shuts up and glares at the rude lady Reveta at the back of the room. Yep, that's me. "Remember what I said about protests last time?" I ask clear as day.

Some of them nod and the others look at me like they are seeing a big arse void.

"How about we start at something mildly?" I suggest, "These protests need to be organised efficiently. We are making noise and some Teketa won't take it well, neither will N- our Lord, but it will gather attention. We should go inside and out. Inside meaning our home and Lord. Outside are the Verantuvians beyond the borders."

Son of a gun, I nearly screwed that up.

Aephris nods. "How should we start off, Kursa? What should we do? How will we press forward? What if we fail? What should we do next after succeeding our first protest?"

I grin from beneath my mask. Bracus, Dominique, and Blathnaid better need to pay attention very closely this time.

Day 95

The first protest is Teketa taking a day off and doing whatever they want. The officers noticed that hundreds of Teketa are out today. I see some of them brazenly share their pride in their crafts. Something they were never allowed to do, but indoors. Those who decide to do their duties today are distracted by the rowdiness outside. Some of them were painting, creating sculptures with the slime gel from the hives, and those were creating beats by heavily dancing.

"I swear to my Lord and my soul that these people are becoming total idiots," says a Caras, shaking his head while rubbing his eyes. They are watching out the window of the palace. I watch them from a distant corridor.

"They will pay for doing this shit," the other one grimaces, "Lashings and beatings will do."

What he said made me a little nervous, but the other part of me thinks that it'll be too much.

"Around 700 or more will get strokes when they come back."

Another officer checks up on the Caras. Officers have higher vibrations than lower ranks. The higher frequency in energy it gives off, the higher the rank. It sounds like screaming rats. Plus, power. Judging by his high energy, he is most likely a Lutent (Lieutenant).

"Shall we alert the Lord?" Asks the Lutent.

"No," the Caras shake their heads, "We will beat them until they are lower than slime-eaters.

This protest lasted about three days in length before they all went back to work. No one was punished, but a brash full of words warned us not to do that again. They didn't follow through either from the numbers and they are aware some of them that observed or joined the protest were off-duty. Thanks to that, they decided to take it lightly. There were also some officers that did join the festivities. In the following days, Teketa believed it was one of the more relaxed times during it. There was a tighter retraining day after it, but better than immoral beatings.